31 weeks and 2 days

Hey everyone! I'm currently 31 weeks and 2 days pregnant with my very first baby (a boy named Rodger!) and I was already working on my weight (I had gotten down about 12 pounds just before finding out I'm pregnant!!!) I've gained 12 pounds in total, putting me at 210lbs last doctor's visit (I go again this Tuesday, which will put me at 32 weeks) and I feel like I've done well with my gaining, and doc thinks so too, but I've let myself get REEEEEALLY unhealthy. I've been drinking pop (my CRAVING and my only caffeine intake) and I just stopped caring about the awesome changes I had gotten used to (ground turkey instead of beef, only water and skim milk, extra virgin olive oil rather than butter, plain greek yogurt rather than sour cream, whole grain breads, etc.) I needed to get back on track, so here I am! Should I track calories or where do I go from here?? Just looking for help and encouragement to make sure I continue steadying myself and being healthy for my son! :)

Replies

• brighteyedbug
    brighteyedbug Posts: 6 Member
    Hi there :smile:

My thoughts is that tracking is a good idea because we tend to make (or at least I do) or at least try to make better choices when we are "writing it down" so to speak. I started to, then got lazy and lately I've noticed too many sweets going in my mouth so I'm back and gonna start tracking again. I doubt it could be a bad thing :wink:
  • alleycat55
    alleycat55 Posts: 24 Member
    Wow, I can really relate to your post. I'm only 12 weeks pregnant so far, but I've had similar challenges. I haven't gained much weight so far, but I've already stopped many of the healthy habits I had implemented, like exercising every day. I think tracking is a good idea but honestly I don't think I can follow through on this right now. However, you did give me an idea - how about an accountability thread to give each other support? We could post there to check in each day and talk about successes and challenges for the day with other people who have the same challenges. I'm going to start a separate thread - feel free to check it out!