8/18 Day 175 Tuesday

Options
Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
Bad habits. Everyone has em and they are different for each person. Kind of like personalities and fingerprints. We are gonna work on them today!

Today's Challenge: Pick a bad habit and develop a plan to work towards not doing it anymore.

It can be anything you consider a bad habit! I plan on working on eye contact. Believe it or not I have an issue of looking someone in the eyes while conversing with them. I tend to look down almost immediately and some people take that as being shady, rude, and being rather shy. When it's something I have done since I was a kid. Time to work on it!

Replies

• Kadi82
    Kadi82 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. This year I've been trying hard to maintain eye contact. But for this one I might go with picking my fingers when stressed.
  • psalm6932
    psalm6932 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Nail picking! For years I was a nail biter and have stopped that but now I pick at my nails.
  • trulydedicated34
    trulydedicated34 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The same I always look down or at other things I never give direct contact
  • 915kat
    915kat Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My big problem is nail biting, it happens most when I'm stressed.
  • WildGing
    WildGing Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm going to chime in with nail biting as well. I used to keep my nails painted all the time in an effort to stop biting, and it worked - I grew some really nice nails! I thought I'd kicked the habit, but as soon as I stopped painting them it came right back. I'm going to break out the nail polish today and try again.
  • Maddox84
    Maddox84 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I chew on my lip when I am stressed, sometimes to the point where it bleeds. Bad bad habit.
  • sparkle42410
    sparkle42410 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Nail biting is a good habit to break, and so is eye contact. Very great idea to try and overcome those. However, I think I'm going to try and work on getting my clothes folded and put away. I have a bad habit of washing and drying the clothes and letting them sit in the baskets to wrinkle and cause me to have to iron them. I also hate ironing by the way, lol.
  • cherrie1969
    cherrie1969 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Bad habit is eating.I am working on it though,I love to eat,I eat when I am bored sometimes,I eat when I get stressed,I am trying to get a hold on and get control over it instead of letting it control me.Other then eating,I nail bite,bite around my cuticles too,it is a habit I have had since childhood the only time I quit doing it was when I smoked.But I quit smoking a long time ago and went back to nail biting which nail biting is a way to relieve stress or boredom.I am not as bad as when I was younger but I still bite them.