Teens Meat and Greet

Options
Cindyinpg
Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
edited August 2015 in Social Groups
Teens, introduce yourselves here and state your goals. This will also be your general chat thread.

Replies

• tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    I have always has a childlike personality, think I will stick with the teens this challenge.

My weekly goals will be -
    walk at least 8k steps 5 days a week
    Not to eat any candy, especially Reese's peanut butter cups
    Exercise @ least 20 min, 4 days a week

• Internistella
    Internistella Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I work with teenagers regularly, if you can survive modern day high school, zombies should be easy!

I am Stella in NY

Goals:
    10K steps at least 4 days a week
    Log 5 out of 7 days
    Stay within calorie goals 6 out of 7 days
  • DavidThrash
    DavidThrash Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello hello lets mow down some zombies..lol hell yhea Im David
    Goals 5k twice a month
    swim quarter mile once a week
    and keep calories down to 1600 a day
  • DavidThrash
    Options
    how do you choose you team
    '
  • tj1376
    Options
    You just have to introduce yourself in a group and say that's the one you want.
  • AnutChelle
    AnutChelle Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I wasn't sure which team to choose, so I just choose the smallest one. Go Teens!
    Goals:
    1. Exercise 20 minutes a day 4 x a week
    2. Stay within my daily salt allotment
    3. Log every meal and snack (not just some of them)
  • jessmessmfp
    jessmessmfp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I wasn't sure, either - so Teens it is.

My goals are:
    1) Walk at least 8k steps, 6/7 days, and at least 10k steps 3x week
    2) Burn at least 2000 cals, 6/7 days
    3) Stay within calorie goals, 6/7 days

woohoo
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Ruatine. I'm the youngest in my family, and sometimes they can still make me feel like a teen, so here I am. :smile: I've never done a challenge like this, so I'm really stoked.

My goals:
    1. Walk at least 5 miles 6/7 days per week as calculated by my Fitbit.
    2. Do pilates for 30 minutes 3 times a week.
    3. Stay within my calorie goal 6/7 days per week.
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Greetings all....better late than never! I see some familiar faces here and some new ones too. I'm Patti, I live in Texas and this will be my 4th TWD challenge. Well, since the last TWD challenge ended I've managed to gain back all the weight I've lost in the last year, so now I'm all moody and mad at the world - just like a teenager! Excited for this spin off to start - hope it lives up to the benchmark the original has set.

My goals:

1. Stay within calorie goal 6/7 days per week
    2. At least 30 minutes of exercise every day
    3. Drink half my body weight in ounces of water every day

Let's do this guys!
  • LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lisa. This is my second challenge but admittedly I failed to complete my first one due only to my slacking. I am not gonna to that again I hate losing even if it is to myself!

My Goals are
    1- 13,000 steps a day (I have a desk job but this should be doable)
    2- Track everything I eat Daily (I've been better about this but I tend to not like to admit the bad foods)
    3- Track my Morning blood sugar and Log it daily (I need to be honest here too I like to ignore this)

I don't have problems with exercising I actually love it, even when I'm tired. I would love to see some new badges on my fitbit during this Challenge. I'll Post it here if I make my 25,000 step in a day badge this weekend!
  • DucMouse
    DucMouse Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I'm ready for another challenge.

My goals are
    1) Make sure that I do eat all of my calories 1200. (I have found that I don't eat enough)
    2) Do at least 60 minutes of Strength training in a week.
    3) Do at least 90 minutes of cardio in a week
  • tj1376
    Options
    Holy hell!! I see so many familiar names!! Awesome!!! Welcome back everyone and welcome to all the newbies. You will soon find that these challenges are addictive.
  • foronceforalways
    foronceforalways Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm joining this group 1) because it's the smallest and 2) because I am a teen (although 18, so in the weird phase of adult and teen at the same time). I'm Priyanka, and after slacking on weight loss these past couple weeks (first vacation, and then just being lazy) I want to refocus myself on what I've been working so hard for all summer and not lose the results I've already achieved. I really want to commit to this, especially as I start my sophomore year of college this fall.

My goals are:

1) Be at or under my calorie limit 6/7 days of the week.
    2) Exercise for at least twenty minutes 6/7 days of the week (minimum is a Jillian Michael's video or a walk, hopefully I'll do more most days).
    3) Wait at least two hours after a meal to eat again 5/7 days of the week. (I've realized that one of my huge problems is that I am constantly eating. I don't ever feel full enough to not eat for a while. I want to work on eating more at mealtimes and then not grazing continuously until the next major meal.)
  • tj1376
    Options
    One more day!!!!!
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    I know! I'm so excited!!!
  • DavidThrash
    Options
    WELL DO WE HAVE TO SEND VIDEO OF THE TASK???
  • fabianguzman1
    fabianguzman1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Fabian. My goals for this challenge are.
    1) workout at least 4 days a week
    2) run at least 2-4 miles every week
    3) not eat as much junk food
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    WELL DO WE HAVE TO SEND VIDEO OF THE TASK???
    No. We take you at your word. Nor do we look at food diaries.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Okay Guys, Girls and Undead, we're coming down to the start of the challenge.

The Horde will gather tomorrow and begin planning their first attacks: who/where/what. Their decisions will be based on the pilot episode and on the strengths and weaknesses they see in each team throughout this first week. Their attacks or challenges will be posted early next Monday, August 30th. Each team will have unique challenges to overcome and each individual MUST meet their own goals.

For this week, I will post the initial challenge after the show tonight and it will apply to ALL the teams, including the Horde.

It will be a basic Fit Test as well as a challenge video that is a favourite among past participants of out Walking Dead challenges. As always, please ask for alternatives if you have an injury and modify the workout to your fitness level. I will post again here when it is up. Questions?
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Members list should be up to date now if everyone wants to make sure they are on there and on the right team. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10234629/members-list-updated-weekly