Fitbit and other activity trackers

Options
gardendoc
gardendoc Posts: 64 Member
I started using a Fitbit Charge HR last month. I was being driven crazy by the calorie calculations made by MFP, Map MY Walk, etc. I'm strictly allowing the Fitbit to import and adjust the calories burned based on the heart rate monitor. This has freed me from the angst of hoping the calories burned were correct. Am I nuts?

Replies

• ADF108
    ADF108 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit charge HR! I felt the same way about MFP calorie calculations seeming way off. I don't log anything anymore.....just let the fitbit calculate calories burned.

Anyone looking for a fitbit friend to help keep motivated is welcome to message me. :)
  • GalgoMomAnita
    GalgoMomAnita Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It is a bit annoying. I'm not sure what to believe. Sometimes I split the difference between the number of calories burned per MFP vs. per my Charge and go with that. I've also gone with the higher of the two if I knew my workout was particularly intense. I just got mine about 2-3 weeks ago and I just realized I've been missing a good number of steps every day. I walk my 3 dogs, but both hands are holding leases (and poop bags), so there's not much arm swinging going on. I tend to have 2 walking in front of me and one lagging behind so usually I've got my arms pulled in opposite directions. Today I had two other people with me and just had one dog. The count was about 3 times higher with my arm in motion much more of the walk. I wanna find a way to go back and add in all those missed steps! :#