Introduction~

Options
kaylabridget
kaylabridget Posts: 8 Member
edited July 2015 in Social Groups
Hey Everyone! Welcome~~ Please include why you would like to do Yoga!

To start off, my name is Kayla and I am 22 years old living in South Bay area in California. I have recently started Yoga but I have a hard time sticking to it; that is why I created this group so that many of us can come together and be apart of a social awakening here at myfitnesspal

Little something about me....
I go to school at Southwest Institute of Healing Arts in Arizona. I study a form of Mind-Body Transformational Healing. It is combined of hypnotherapy, life coaching, nutrition, and many other forms of healing! I am vegan and sometimes I do have dairy however I prefer to not consume it as much as possible. (shame shame) Being honest is the first step though through a breakthrough! I have been meat free for almost 4 years now and I am very happy to be a part of something special.

Now about yoga, I have found that yoga really calms me and allows me to reach heights that I never thought I could before. Now that I have attempted it more, I can reach my toes and feel more strength throughout my body. Not only is it great for my body but I have found that it is great for my mind as well.

I hope you all enjoy this group and I cannot wait to hear/see from you all!

Replies

• catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Hello Kayla. Nice to meet you, I am Nancy and I am no expert in yoga...just have a few DVD's that I have viewed and worked with. I am not that flexible...as I am overweight, but I am working on that. I would like to start to incorporate yoga into a daily routine as I know it is very beneficial, but I just have not been motivated to do so. Perhaps this group will help me become more mindful and encourage me to participate more. I listen to meditation music to go to sleep by and it works almost every time! I also do yoga breathing for sleeping too and that sure helps after a stressful day at work!
  • frichris
    frichris Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies, you may want to join this other new group that may help you get your yoga on - it's a thirdy day challenge to do yoga daily and the best part is all the workouts are free: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/107733-30-day-yoga-accountable-in-august-starting-aug-1st-2015
  • hilaryrpaul
    hilaryrpaul Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am new to this group and I've just started doing yoga. There's a great youtube channel called 'Yoga with Adriene' and she does a 30 day yoga challenge that I have found to be really fun. After the first day I already started feeling better about myself. I'll include the link if you guys want to check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXU591OYOHA&list=PLui6Eyny-UzwxbWCWDbTzEwsZnnROBTIL
  • honeynutloop
    honeynutloop Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm amy, a yoga newbie from the uk.
    I really like 30 days of yoga. Done it a couple of times through and starting to branch out into more of adrienes videos. I've found it a great introduction to yoga and one day I'll be brave enough to go to a yoga class.
  • BabyUnicorn3
    BabyUnicorn3 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi, I know that this is an August Challenge but can we make it an on-going challenge? I would love to start this with you! ! ! ! I'm 24 years old, I am going to school for massage therapy. I do reiki, and I'm slowly becoming vegan (I don't eat meat or diary products, but I will eat things with egg in them - I just don't eat eggs whole) I was going to go to school to be a yoga instructor but I fractured my knee in the process, so I went to massage school for now until it full heals. - which will be plenty of time before massage school is out. I believe in the power of meditation and mindfulness as it has brought me out of a deep depression and divorce healing (not related). I really hope to join you all and fulfill the goals of practicing yoga and finding ourselves through balance and peace and LOVE! Hope we can extend the challenge! XOXO
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    hello all,
    any one still around
    I have been going to a hot yoga class for about 6 months.