Strong Curves

Replies

• giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Thanks ladies!
  • ChiliPepperLifter
    ChiliPepperLifter Posts: 279 Member
    giusa wrote: »
    Is Strong Curves primarily a glute focus program? I'm looking for a program that focuses on lower body.

Yes, it is definitely focused on legs and glutes, but he includes 3 workout regimes, 2 of which are full body. So if you are looking for an all in one kind of program, I recommend it!

Also, I am worried I am just not activating my glutes enough, since the first workout of GG wasn't too difficult. I will focus more on activation today.
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    I just started doing bridges this week to help with glute strength. Going to check out that webpage @aledba! Thanks!
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Ooh I do Strong Curves (sporadically) I like it a lot though and did notice a difference in my glutes - higher and rounder
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    I just started doing bridges this week to help with glute strength. Going to check out that webpage @aledba! Thanks!

No problem! I hope you like it. It's very challenging and rewarding.
  • symba1130
    symba1130 Posts: 248 Member
    Love this info! Just requested the book from the library. Looking to try something new after injury with DL's/5x5.
  • roxylola
    edited August 2015
    Also, I am worried I am just not activating my glutes enough, since the first workout of GG wasn't too difficult. I will focus more on activation today.

Are you new to this? I find B is much harder than A or C and really kicks my glues (literally) I tend to be quite quad dominant and if I am not careful I find they do more than they should but I really don't find I need to focus on glute activation on B!

• andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Tonight I'm doing workout a, week 11, advanced program. Ouch.

Rest pause hip thrusts - 155#, 3x10
    Inverted body weight rows on my TRX feet elevated 3x10
    Zercher squats - why are these soooo effective? Maybe because they are like OHS/ front squats for the non flexible spined? 70# 3x10
    Feet elevated push ups 3x12
    Sumo DL 125# 3x8
    X band walks - Bret always end the workout with a high rep burn out glute move. 20 each.
  • ChiliPepperLifter
    ChiliPepperLifter Posts: 279 Member
    @roxylola yes I'm new it to, and let me tell you after almost 2 weeks of gorgeous glutes I've never been more sore! I think I'm finally activating them correctly. B is the hardest workout imo
  • roxylola
    I never ever get that far @andyllll Something always gets in the way of my routine and I end up starting over.

@ninagray000 B is my toughest workout too, C is my favourite though
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    I love those X walks!
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Can I just say that I hate walking bridges? I am going to rebel against them and do an alternative exercise!
  • symba1130
    I have started last week and will be doing Week 1 - Workout C tomorrow. I find I am only doing the program for about 25-30 minutes (without warm up or cool down), is this normal?
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    It's pretty short, sounds about right.
  • symba1130
    Sumiblue wrote: »
    It's pretty short, sounds about right.

Thanks for the follow up. I added more upper body today onto Workout A, we shall see how I feel tomorrow :-)

• aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    symba1130 wrote: »
    I have started last week and will be doing Week 1 - Workout C tomorrow. I find I am only doing the program for about 25-30 minutes (without warm up or cool down), is this normal?

I found it odd too, when I first started 3 weeks ago, but it was kind of amazing to be in and out of the gym so fast and know the results will still happen.
  • roxylola
    I love it - i can get it done in my lunch break! Except like this week when there are too many boyz in the weight room doing pullups and dips in the rack :unamused:
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    I found that once I upped the weights so that I maybe had one rep left in the tank at the end of the workout set, I had to rest at least 3 minutes between super sets. And I made myself do that with a timer so I wouldn't get bored and start too early. Then with Brets suggested warm up and stretching at the end it started to take me 70-90 minutes. But in the first four weeks it took an hour for sure because I wasn't pushing the weights and really going for progressive overload.
  • roxylola
    I admit I do a very quick warm up (I run down the stairs at work) and I do keep the rests very short - 30-60 seconds but I am pretty sure I read somewhere he suggests 90s max rest anyway.
    I got fed up with 5x5 because I was spending more time resting than lifting - I can live without it being a true progressive overload. Everything is a compromise...

However I am getting very fed up of not getting to do the stuff I want because there is not much space, cages, benches in the damn gym. I can't change as it is so convenient for work!
  • Anniel88
    Anniel88 Posts: 150 Member
    I did my first workout for strong curves yesterday. I may have started too heavy because I thought it would be easy with sll the bodyweight exercises after doing ICF. Boy was I wrong and my behind is quite sore today! I found the warm up to be awkward and I still warmed up with the elliptical. I was there for a little over and hour, but that was probably because it was new.