3 Day Refresh

Options
jpkrueger
jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
Hi everyone, I think someone was asking about the 3 Day Refresh kit from Beachbody. Just wanted to let you know it has gone on sale today for a short time, until May 28th. $10 off on the Complete kit (includes the Shakeology that is part of the Refresh) and $5 off on the kit without Shakeology (in case you already have it). If you have any questions, check with your coaches or of course feel free to ask me, I don't mind.

I haven't done it but a bunch of people on my team have and they loved it and will be taking advantage of the sale. I'm thinking about it...the people that did it said they saw some good losses that were sustained (which is normally my issue with these types of things; you lose a few pounds quickly but it comes right back). It might be what I will most likely need after too many birthday celebrations next week. Big scary birthday coming up :neutral:

If I do it I'll probably run a Challenge group on Facebook for my clients to help keep me in line :smile: .

Here's the link to a video with more information: http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/jillpnk?bctid=3591210905001

Have a great day!!

Replies

• SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Thank you, @jpkrueger! I had talked with my husband about getting this with the intention of using it the last three days in June, just before I leave for my trip. I really want my mother and step-father to be amazed with my progress. I consider you my back-up coach. If for any reason, the coach I was assigned by beachbody lets me down or makes me feel uncomfortable, I will be adopting you as my new coach.

You're awesome and don't let that birthday scare you! I don't care how big it is!
  • jpkrueger
    Options
    Back-up coach, I like that :smile:

You are working so hard, I'm sure you will blow your family away with how healthy and STRONG you have become. Do one of those PiYo flips for them, that'll work ;) But yes, good idea doing a last-three-days push, and great that you'll be able to take advantage of the sale.

Thank you for the birthday cheer, I don't know why I am letting this one bug me, I don't normally care about my age. It's the big 5-0 but hey, I'm stronger than when I hit the big 4-0 and that should be what really matters!!!

LOVE your new pic by the way!!! I need to upload a pic, will do it now.
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I could handle it. I'm going to follow your progress.

But I love the idea of using it before a big event/vacation. I'll keep that in kind
  • jpkrueger
    Options
    I hope I can handle it! But I will let you know how it goes.
  • doodlebug32
    doodlebug32 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I did it a couple of months ago. It's a good, mild cleanse. You even eat real food on it. Just like anything else beach body, they have something for you to eat or drink every couple of hours.

If you are doing it in conjunction with other programs (like starting another round of 21df right after or something), the weight loss is certainly sustainable. I'd definitely recommend it.

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY @jpkrueger!!!!
  • doodlebug32
    doodlebug32 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Oh. The fiber drink is super gross. Just chug it. The texture is totally barfy. Drink as fast as you can.
  • jpkrueger
    Options
    Thank you for the birthday wishes, @doodlebug32 !!!

I heard that about the fiber drink....eek! I think I can chug it....hey I'm not that far out of college.... ;)
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @jpkrueger A trick I learned when doing the Master Cleanse and drinking the Salt Water Flush is to use a straw. It forces the liquid to the back of the throat. I've actually seen a few people say they LOVE the fiber drink but I suspect more than a few of those were coaches and you know how they can be. ;)
  • jpkrueger
    Options
    @SatiaRenee yeah you definitely can't trust those coaches ;)

Good tip with the straw...I will try it if it's too nasty to drink. Ick a salt water flush sounds awful!!!! I can see why you needed a straw!!!

I look forward to trying the Refresh and will report back to you all...you know I'll be honest about the taste!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @jpkrueger I'll be doing the 3DR towards the end of June. The 28-30th, to be specific. I'll be finishing up a final round of 21DF before I leave on the 1st to visit my family. So I'll be doing the 3DQF 25-27 June and immediately following it with the 3DR. I want to lose as much weight as I can before I see my mother and my step-father in particular because they especially worry about my weight and very lovingly support me in my commitment to being as healthy as I can be.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    What is the 3DR?
  • jpkrueger
    Options
    @satiarenee: I can't wait to hear your family's reaction to your new look!!!

@dixiewhiskey: It's a 3-day program from Beachbody that is designed to help you lose weight and/or break a cycle of bad eating. It's similar to a cleanse but it's protein and fiber based, and you eat some meals and drink special shakes so you're not hungry.

Here's some info about it:

teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/3DayRefresh?referringRepId=jillpnk

• SatiaRenee
    Options
    I am doing the 3 Day Refresh starting today. I have way too much fruit in the house (my husband's support can sometimes be effusive) and I am going to make my dinner ahead of time when I'm not feeling quite so famished (plus, it's a salad that is supposed to marinate for a bit). I told Rob I'm going to have to freeze some of the fruit he bought because he truly did go overboard.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    Day 1: Gained 0.2 lb
    Day 2: Lost 0.4 lb

So far, I have to say that I am utterly underwhelmed with my results and would have done better to just do the Countdown 2 Competition meal plan that comes with 21 Day Fix Extreme. I am going to stick it out (because it did cost me money and I may as well get my money's worth) but I can't say that I'll ever recommend this to others. We'll see how tomorrow's weigh-in goes. It may surprise me.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    The pictures says it all:

Lost 0.8 lbs and no inches? I could have done that by simply following the 21 Day Fix meal plan and having a treat meal. I could have better if I had done the 3 Day Quick Fix. Definitely not a beachbody product I would recommend. So disappointed.
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Bummer. That stinks. You are the first negative experience I have heard.