OT Daily Check-In

Options
124»

Replies

• dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Btw, I just saw your pic above.. you're looking great!!
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    So I guess I won't be finishing out Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution and/or PiYo this time around. Seems my sore ankle, which has been hurting since April, is due to tendon deterioration. Nothing I can do about it. Just getting old. But I have to stay off it for a few weeks and then we'll see where things stand, so to speak.

What I can do:
    1. Use a stationary bike and/or elliptical (I have the former, not the latter, so I'm good to go)
    2. Upper body
    3. Leg lifts/extensions
    4. Crunches

Basically, nothing that puts any pressure on my foot/ankle. So no bridges but yes Supermans and no squats but yes planks on my knees. I asked the doctor to be very specific about what I could do and what I should avoid doing. I now have to sit down and work out an exercise plan that I think will be safe.

And don't you know my diet is going to be so on point that I'll be the poster child for 21DF because I really do not want to gain any weight while I'm rehabilitating.

tuxodu0mi0ji.jpg
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Good news and bad news. Good news is I don't and won't need surgery because I'm going to a good job of taking care of myself and my ankle. However, I still have to wear the boot and I can't exercise fully yet. I'll be using the stationary bike and such in the meantime but no lunges or squats.

Anyway, I'm taking care of myself and that's all that matters. There's some slight improvement and I'm sure the healing will continue over the next few days leading up to my trip.

Take care, everyone!