Carbs

Options
NanaKK1234
NanaKK1234 Posts: 79 Member
I eat between 800-1000 calories a day. Walk 5 miles plus 5 days a week, do cardio and strength ttraining 4 days a week. My protein is between 60-90 daily and I drink 50-64 ozs of water daily. I was sleeved on 4/24/15 and have lost 54 pounds since my surgery. The problem I am having is I have only lost 6 pounds this month. I noticed that my carbs are between 75-100 sometimes exceeding 100. I would say 80% of the carbs are "good" carbs. Could this be the reason for my stall or is it because this month is when I started my 4 day a week workouts? I am just so frustrated!!!!!

Replies

• Whitnit809
    Whitnit809 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I know how you're feeling! I was sleeved 6/15/15 and I'm down only 26 pounds. I'm wondering if I'm not eating enough calories or something, because I've been stalled for 3 weeks. I've been eating carbs too, but I can't eat that much. I'm wondering if I need to go back to strictly no carbs/low carbs. I'm frustrated too!
  • lmeade17
    lmeade17 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved on 7/29/15 and my weight loss has been very slow. I am very discouraged. Eating less than 600 calories a day and walking and I have lost only 20 lbs. most of which was the week after surgery. I have been stalled for the over 3 weeks now.
  • Ainsworth1
    Ainsworth1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved April 2013, I have lost 60lb total my initial weight loss was similar to what your describing I would stall for 3-4 weeks then loose another 8-10 and so on.. Unfortunately I've become complacent and I've gained 12 lbs due to carbs
  • anewmeat53
    anewmeat53 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 6 weeks out and for the last week or so I fluctuate up 1 lb and down 1 lb, no real weight loss. I've lost 40 lbs total so I'm wondering if my body is playing catch up and a loss is soon to come. I eat between 400 and 600 calories, keep my carbs only to a minimum and drink water. Should I increase my exercise?? Frustrating!!
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I'm curious if you had nutritional counseling prior to surgery. I assume everyone has some, but I'm sure how much varies. I know in my center we are encouraged to call the nutritionist at any point in time. She told stories of people 4 and 5 years out calling for help, so I'd be calling her first. I really am loving my center more and more. *smile*
  • karinlibrarian
    karinlibrarian Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You are really working out. Are you maybe putting on muscle? You could be losing the fat, but replacing it muscle that is heavier. :)
  • knjitters
    knjitters Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I was always told by trainer friends - never weigh in if you have been working out hard or muscles hurt. When muscles hurt it means they are retaining water. MAYBE.. :-) good luck