Which Parkrun do you do?

Options
__Di__
__Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
This is a group for anybody that does, or would like to do a Parkrun event(s).

So what one do you do?

Replies

• GaryRussell123456
    GaryRussell123456 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Brueton http://www.parkrun.org.uk/brueton/

Plan to do Cannon Hill also, but way off my best form at the moment.
  • __Di__
    Options
    hi Gary!

Mine are Southend, Barking and Valentines. I did one Hackney one as my very first one, then they created new events that were closer to home.

Gonna to one within the next few weeks I think! :happy:
  • JAHodgkinson_uk
    JAHodgkinson_uk Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm spoilt for choice but my home run is Wythenshawe. Love Parkrun.
  • __Di__
    Options
    I'm spoilt for choice but my home run is Wythenshawe. Love Parkrun.

Yes, I know what you mean, I have my local one which is two miles away, but my favourite is about 20 miles away, luckily it is on my local train line.

Parkruns are the best :happy:
  • JAHodgkinson_uk
    Options
    I'm planning to go 'On Tour' and see how many different ones I can visit this year. Yesterday I was at Temple Newsam, just on the east of Leeds. Such a nice course and really friendly people. Next week I'm volunteering at my home run, Wythenshawe. Enjoying looking at the map and pondering where next :-) Might even make it a weekend away.
  • __Di__
    Options
    I'm planning to go 'On Tour' and see how many different ones I can visit this year. Yesterday I was at Temple Newsam, just on the east of Leeds. Such a nice course and really friendly people. Next week I'm volunteering at my home run, Wythenshawe. Enjoying looking at the map and pondering where next :-) Might even make it a weekend away.

I think it is excellent to try out the different parkruns, so far I have managed five - Barking, Southend, Mile End, Hackney Wick and Valentines. Barking is my favourite, but Southend is my local one.

Hubby always comes with me and volunteers, I run them as I don't often get the opportunity to run one with my work shifts. Then after the run we go to a local Wetherspoons and have a fry-up and couple of drinks - I love parkrun days haha
  • JAHodgkinson_uk
    Options
    Now that's the way to start a weekend! Fantastic! :-) My partner's usually still asleep when I get back!
  • rutson
    rutson Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm one of the Event Directors at Pontefract parkrun in West Yorkshire. I've completed parkruns at 24 different venues within England, including the inaugural at Fountains Abbey yesterday which was simply stunning!

Ian
  • __Di__
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm one of the Event Directors at Pontefract parkrun in West Yorkshire. I've completed parkruns at 24 different venues within England, including the inaugural at Fountains Abbey yesterday which was simply stunning!

Ian

Ahh nice one, parkruns are excellent!

I like the way there are new parkruns sprouting up all over the place now too, one in Russia started the other week, who'd have thought it!

I have to admit, if hubby and me go away for the weekend, I have a habit of looking to see if there is a parkrun in that area pmsl
  • Braz76
    Braz76 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've only just recently found this group, but I'm still going to throw in my two cents worth:

I parkrun at Cleveland, QLD, Australia. Soon there will even be one closer to home. We have up to 180 runners on a Saturday. It's great to see a variety of people. I only can do it in 38mins. My goal is to have it down to 30mins by Christmas.

Happy Running :smile:
  • __Di__
    Options
    I ran at Hackney Marshes yesterday, the course was different to when I first ran it three years ago. I absolutely loved the course though, it is really flat with a section over trail around the 2k mark.

Very pretty route, definitely intend to run this one for a third time, me thinks!
  • Twidts
    Twidts Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Another Pontefract Parkrunner here. Hi