Saturday 8/29 Discussions

Options
Eles697
Eles697 Posts: 113 Member
Hey! What you wanna talk about? Stuff? Okay. Go ahead....

Replies

• Eles697
    Options
    It is 4am and I am up feeding the baby so thought I'd get some posts going for today. It's his only wake up since going to bed at 10! Good baby.

Today my husband is off (and not "on call") so we can do things. We will probably take another better hike in the mountains. It is easier with him just because I feel less scared that my whole family will be devoured by cute little black bears or not so cute Appalacian trail crazy men when he is with us.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I live in England and don't have to worry about bears :)

I've done bootcamp this morning and had a quick coffee with a friend after, and now my hubby is off to work. I've got one of my friends coming over and we're going for a walk with my kids. Hers (she has triplets!) are teenagers now so off doing their own thing.

My baby is 16 months and still wakes in the night. She's got a problem with her adenoids and gets all congested, then pukes up. So she was sick after her milk about 4:30am then refused to go back to sleep for at least an hour.
  • mlturner08
    mlturner08 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hi there ! So glad to have found this little community!

So my question today is when do you have time to work out? I know it's so cliche to say I don't have time but dang I don't haha. My typical day goes like this:

5:30am up and to the shower
    7:00 get oldest up and ready for school
    8:15 leave for school
    8:40 back home, time to get baby fed and ready to go
    9:40 out the door to work
    10-3 work
    3:10 pick up kid from school
    3:30 home

Ok so yes now I am home but I have two kids to take care of, my oldest usually goes and plays outside but my 1 year old is a tiny terror. I also have my house hold crap that's got to get done, laundry, dishes, dinner.

5:00pm dinner for kids
    6:00 start dinner for husband
    7:00 husband is home we eat and chat - baby goes to bed
    8:00 oldest is in bed
    9:00 every one is in bed

So do I get up earlier? Stay up later? I just never have the motivation to get up at 4:45 am to work out at by 9 I am ready for bed lol ugh why must it be so difficult
  • Eles697
    Options
    mlturner08 wrote: »

So my question today is when do you have time to work out? I know it's so cliche to say I don't have time but dang I don't haha.

Hi! I have a deal with my husband that no matter what (other than terrible disaster), I get to work out from 830p-9p each night. The big kids are in bed and he watches the baby. It has worked nicely because we all know that is my time. I also am not a morning person, so that wouldn't work for me to get up early!

My work makes any routine difficult because I work days, eves, overnights with no set schedule each month, but this still should work--if I'm home I get to work out at that time...

• Eles697
    Options
    I'm so glad I live in England and don't have to worry about bears :)

I've done bootcamp this morning and had a quick coffee with a friend after, and now my hubby is off to work. I've got one of my friends coming over and we're going for a walk with my kids. Hers (she has triplets!) are teenagers now so off doing their own thing.

My baby is 16 months and still wakes in the night. She's got a problem with her adenoids and gets all congested, then pukes up. So she was sick after her milk about 4:30am then refused to go back to sleep for at least an hour.

It has never occurred to me that there are not bears in England. I guess I never thought about it. What do you have to fear in the woods? Just murderous hobos?
  • PandaBWA
    PandaBWA Posts: 58 Member
    Options

So my question today is when do you have time to work out? I know it's so cliche to say I don't have time but dang I don't haha. My typical day goes like this:

10-3 work

Ok so yes now I am home but I have two kids to take care of, my oldest usually goes and plays outside but my 1 year old is a tiny terror. I also have my house hold crap that's got to get done, laundry, dishes, dinner.

So do I get up earlier? Stay up later? I just never have the motivation to get up at 4:45 am to work out at by 9 I am ready for bed lol ugh why must it be so difficult

Why not have husband deal with the older baby when you exercise after little is in bed?
  • wifeyolivarez
    wifeyolivarez Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My husband packed his stuff and left last night. Now I am a single mama to a 7 yo, 2 yo, and 4 month old. I am not going to let this derail me. If anything its helping me be more determined to be fit, healthy & happy.
  • Eles697
    Options
    My husband packed his stuff and left last night. Now I am a single mama to a 7 yo, 2 yo, and 4 month old. I am not going to let this derail me. If anything its helping me be more determined to be fit, healthy & happy.
    That's rough. Definitely good motivation if you can get past the upset though. I hope you adjust quickly!
  • Eles697
    Options
    Things I have discovered today:
    1: There are lots of commercials for delicious horrible food on TV (the Little Caesars one really got me drooling)

2: I feel like this app overestimates calories burned... I did go for a nice hike up a steep mountain, but it was only for 1.25 hours and half of it was downhill. I do not see that equalling 800+ calories in any way!
  • DawnieB1977
    Options
    Eles697 wrote: »
    Things I have discovered today:
    1: There are lots of commercials for delicious horrible food on TV (the Little Caesars one really got me drooling)

2: I feel like this app overestimates calories burned... I did go for a nice hike up a steep mountain, but it was only for 1.25 hours and half of it was downhill. I do not see that equalling 800+ calories in any way!

We don't watch TV, just Netflix, and the kids use YouTube to watch Peppa Pig or whatever, so minimal adverts.

Yes to the overestimating. I've got a Fitbit Charge HR so use that. This site would tell me something like 650 calories for an hour of spinning. I burned 375 calories in the most hardcore spin class, in 45 mins.
  • Eles697
    Options
    My daughter loves Peppa Pig. We saw that there is an amusement park in England somewhere that features her. She would love it. I would need a passport though (I walked to Mexico once before passports were needed and it scared me away from international travel, so I have been stuck here in the US).

In other news, my 2yo (will be 3 next month) is begging me for wedgies. Not sure what to think, but happy to oblige! Who doesn't like giving toddlers wedgies??
  • PandaBWA
    PandaBWA Posts: 58 Member
    Options

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. So many hugs your way.
  • SCJ10
    SCJ10 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wifeyolivarez, I'm sorry you are going through that. Sending hugs!
  • caiti12
    caiti12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wifeyolivarez. That is so rough. Do what you've got to do to take care of yourself and your littles.
  • caiti12
    caiti12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've tried several different workout times and the only thing that works for me is 5am. Kids are still asleep or if baby wakes up husband can handle it. But actually getting up is equally tough. When I'm done for the day I feel great. If I miss the morning workout, I try to take the little ones on a walk After dinner.
  • DawnieB1977
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Eles697 wrote: »
    My daughter loves Peppa Pig. We saw that there is an amusement park in England somewhere that features her. She would love it. I would need a passport though (I walked to Mexico once before passports were needed and it scared me away from international travel, so I have been stuck here in the US).

In other news, my 2yo (will be 3 next month) is begging me for wedgies. Not sure what to think, but happy to oblige! Who doesn't like giving toddlers wedgies??

We went to Peppa Pig world for my daughter's 4th birthday in May :) It was fun actually lol. We did a 2 day/night in a hotel deal and the kids loved it. We're doing the same for Legoland in Oct.

It's great being here as travel is so easy. I studied French at uni and did a year in France, and thanks to the Eurostar it doesn't take long to get there at all. I've been to France loads of times, but also Germany, Italy, Holland, Greece, the US and Cuba.
    I'm a French teacher so usually run a trip to Paris for our pupils.

image.jpg
    free picture upload

Here's a pic from Peppa Pig World for your daughter :)
  • Eles697
    Options
    It's the "fun fair"! Jealous.
  • DawnieB1977
    edited August 2015
    Options
    It was great fun lol. We all enjoyed it, even my baby who'd just turned 1 (both girls have May birthdays...bad planning or what?)
  • WildePillar
    WildePillar Posts: 120 Member
    Options

10-3 work

I bought a nordictrak elliptical when it was on sale at Sears! When I pick my daughter up from daycare she usually needs a nap (around 6 pm) so I hop on the machine then. On the weekend mornings, I'll ask my husband to take the baby out for a walk or with him to get coffee and I'll try to get in a workout then. It makes it so much easier to work out at home!
  • WildePillar
    WildePillar Posts: 120 Member
    Options

I'm so sorry to hear this and I'm sending positive thoughts your way! Hugs xx