Itchy skin

Options
nilklynn
nilklynn Posts: 61 Member
has anyone been insanely itchy, head to toe? I have no rash, no irritation (except where I've dug in my sleep). I've tried a bunch of lotions/creams... It doesn't seem like dry skin. My diet hasn't really changed, no new soaps or clothes. It's really weird. Kind of like it's an internal itch. Cortisone didn't seem to help much either.

Any ideas, thoughts or recommendations? Right now my arms, collarbones, thighs and the top of my left foot are itching like mad! I can't get away from myself!

Replies

• CatKaren
    CatKaren Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This is probably not what's going on, BUT, before I was diagnosed with diabetes, my feet drive me crazy itching. When I finally went to the doctor, I had full blown diabetes with comications. The itching was neuropathy.

I did also have an insane itching at one time from the B vitamins the doc had me on for cholesterol problems.

Another thought would be, have you changed soaps, or laundry detergent? Body spray?
    I'd see a dermatologist if you have explored outward things and you still itch. I know my feet I darn near r
  • duffslove
    duffslove Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I don't have quite what you're describing, but I do find that I get very itchy a lot from the top of my rib cage to the bottom of my stomach for no obvious reason, and nothing seems to make it go away..interested to see if others are having similar things happen..I just thought it was because my body/skin was used to me taking in a lot more water so it had more moisture before surgery
  • TN_Tinker
    TN_Tinker Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing when I first began to exercise. It's like whatever I was sweating was causing some kind of reaction to my skin and the only solution was to take a super hot shower as soon as possible after exercising. That helped some, but even my scalp itched and flaked. Still not sure what it is/was but time seems to have helped it lighten up.
  • paul87920
    paul87920 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    nilklynn wrote: »
    has anyone been insanely itchy, head to toe? I have no rash, no irritation (except where I've dug in my sleep). I've tried a bunch of lotions/creams... It doesn't seem like dry skin. My diet hasn't really changed, no new soaps or clothes. It's really weird. Kind of like it's an internal itch. Cortisone didn't seem to help much either.

Any ideas, thoughts or recommendations? Right now my arms, collarbones, thighs and the top of my left foot are itching like mad! I can't get away from myself!

Allergies do come and go throughout your life. Cats used to put me in the hospital. I can tolerate them now. My Grandmother ate chocolate all her life until she had a bad reaction. If you don't find the cause, I'd take turns eliminating certain food from your diet to see if any of them are the culprit.

It could also be something outdoors. The goldenrod had me in its clutches for a few weeks.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Revisit your B and D vitamins. I had this once when on medically supervised VLCD and it turned out these (or lack thereof) commonly cause itching.
  • KyriaCathy
    KyriaCathy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yep! For me it was my vitamins and supplements! Had to scrutinize the ingredients and try to figure out what additive was driving me insane! Finally went to Mothers (natural health food store) They looked up the brands I was using and offered suggestions of alternate