GTKY (getting to know you) 8/30

Options
Eles697
Eles697 Posts: 113 Member
What is your favorite splurge food?

Do you use weight loss supplements?(like hydroxycut,etc...)

Do you live near family for support?

What's your favorite vacation destination?

Coffee drinker? No caffeine at all? Or other sources of caffeine?

Replies

• Eles697
    Eles697 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I have just one. If I am craving salt I usually would love to eat pizza while if I am craving sweet, I would eat grocery store bureau cake all day

I don't. I've tried hydroxycut Andalusia but it is too hard to remember to take them enough time before eating

I have no family where I am but for the family I made. I came here for school and never left.
    (My family is all about 15 hours away in the Midwest)

We go to Disneyworld on a whim (despite the 14 hour drive) fairly frequently and I like it just because of how much my kids like it.

I can't stand even the slightest taste of coffee. I drink a bit of diet Pepsi here and there and an occasional 5 hour energy for motivation, but not a lot of caffeine for me

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Eles697 wrote: »

I have a sweet tooth so if I'm going to splurge I'll make a cake or cookies.

I don't use any supplements.

My parents live nearly 300 miles away, which is a long way in England, and obviously too far for day to day support. My brother and sister live near my parents, although my sister spent 4 years living in China. She came home in 2012 when our mum was diagnosed with leukaemia (luckily in remission now). My husband's family are all local though. Not that we get any help! Although my MIL is apparently going to have our baby one day a week when I'm at work. We'll see how that works as she's not the most reliable.

I love the south of France for holidays. We went to Cuba for our honeymoon which was amazing.

I love coffee and drink loads of it. I just have it with a bit of milk so it doesn't have many calories. I do like skinny cappuccino when I'm out, or frapuccinos. We've got a coffee shop chain called Costa which does good coffee, and one called Caffè Nero. Starbucks is crap.
  • caiti12
    caiti12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My favorite splurge food is peanut butter and chocolate in any form. One is never enough so it's dangerous right now to have it in my house or anywhere near me. I can eat non chocolate treats in moderation.

I am considering trying supplements. I just do not trust anything that's a quick fix.

I'm in Arizona. I have a sister here who is fabulous in an emergency but not a day to day support. The rest of my family are in the Midwest and my husband's family even further away. We have finally found a couple really good babysitters and that has made a huge difference for us. We actually went on a date night 2 weeks ago. :-)

I'd like to go to the south of France. My favorite vacation was my honeymoon in Australia. For the most part vacations are spent seeing family. I have a list of places I'd like to visit.

I love coffee and coffee drinks. An iced mocha was my weakness yesterday. :-). I never drank coffee until law school and now I have it every day.
  • PandaBWA
    PandaBWA Posts: 58 Member
    Options

All food. I just love food. Foooooood.

No supplements.

I live near my ILs, but no.

Vacation is anywhere that isn't my house. A hotel in the same town would be awesome too. It's just nice to change it up.

I drink a lot of soda for my caffeine. I need at least a can a day to keep migraines away.
  • CorinWilliams1216
    CorinWilliams1216 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My favorite splurge food is lasagna, I can eat it all day every day and not feel sorry about a single bite of it

Nope

Yes we live near family for support, thank goodness because I don't think I could do it otherwise

My fav vacation destination is New York City, I love all of the shops, people, and getting to ride the subway

Not a coffee drinker at all (people keep telling me that I'll be singing a different tune soon) but I do love tea :)

• SCJ10
    SCJ10 Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Chocolate

No, I couldn't ever remember to take them

I do, but there is no support. No friends either. Every friend seemed to back away when the baby was born, and my family is a " Eat eat eat"kinda family.
  • WildePillar
    WildePillar Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My favorite splurge food is lasagna, I can eat it all day every day and not feel sorry about a single bite of it

Nope

Yes we live near family for support, thank goodness because I don't think I could do it otherwise

My fav vacation destination is New York City, I love all of the shops, people, and getting to ride the subway

Not a coffee drinker at all (people keep telling me that I'll be singing a different tune soon) but I do love tea :)

Haha, I live in New York City (work in Manhattan and lived there, now live in Brooklyn), and the subway gets so annoying :)

Anyway...

Favorite splurge food is chocolate!

No supplements

Family is an hour away

Vacation destination is anywhere out of the NYC metropolis!

I love coffee and have a Grande Blonde from Starbucks on my way to work every morning!
  • talpilon
    talpilon Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Pizza - I'm bad for that. Chocolate too once in a while

Nope

My parents live about 15-20 minutes away

I love Niagara Falls

I'm trying to cut back on caffeine, but I looooove coffee too much lol