Sunday 8/30 Discussions

Options
Eles697
Eles697 Posts: 113 Member
It's 430 and I am up with the baby for the first time again. Anything to talk about today?

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    It's 9:40am here. We're going to a BBQ at my hubby's aunt's house later. They have a lovely big garden so the kids can run around. I'm going to just enjoy it and eat what I like within reason. It'll be my lunch and dinner, and then I'm doing circuits at 7, which is usually really hardcore. I burned nearly 500 calories in a circuits class a couple of weeks ago.

I'm back at work on Wed and not looking forward to it. We get 6 weeks off for the Summer holidays here, so I've had a lovely few weeks with my kids, and not looking forward to going back to lesson planning, marking, rude teenagers, coursework, exams etc.
  • caiti12
    caiti12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The six weeks with your children Dawnie sounds lovely. Going back to work is always a transition.
  • caiti12
    Options
    We have a birthday to attend today. My daughter's friend. It seems my children are the ones with a social calendar. I'll avoid the cake but as this is day 4 of this diet for me, it will be my first time saying no. Wish me luck.

Does anyone have a good premade protein drink that I can take to work and not have to make? Thanks.
  • Eles697
    Eles697 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    caiti12 wrote: »
    We have a birthday to attend today. My daughter's friend. It seems my children are the ones with a social calendar. I'll avoid the cake but as this is day 4 of this diet for me, it will be my first time saying no. Wish me luck.

Does anyone have a good premade protein drink that I can take to work and not have to make? Thanks.

Good luck with the not eating cake thing. That is tough. As for the protein shake, I think the chocolate glucerna shakes are good. I am not low carb, but when I was pregnant I thought I was going to fail my gestational diabetes test so started doing some low carb (which usually means higher protein). They are pretty filling too.
  • caiti12
    Options
    I'm starting out low carb.
  • PandaBWA
    PandaBWA Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My husband has only gotten 2 hours of sleep. He got maybe 5 the night before last. He's working on his last semester of his Bachelors and is swamped with his thesis paper. Poor guy.
  • amarie210
    amarie210 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have no energy to workout today. I'm going to count my walk to the coffee shop as my cardio for the day. I ate pretty well though-I didn't succumb to the tasty treats! Got my cold press coffee and my newspaper and got out of there!
  • caiti12
    Options
    Good job getting out of the coffe shop with only coffee.