Options
SeeAhtter787
SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
Here we go again. Another week down.

Replies

• edellaratta
    edellaratta Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Thank you for keeping this challange running Esther!!

Thank you EVERYONE for all your inspiration, encouragement and sharing!! It truly makes this journey easier!

Evelyn
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Alright, I've actually come face to face with a major downside to this weight loss. When I'm laying on the bed procrastinating, my husband will be there bugging me to go do whatever it was I've been whining that I have to do. It generally dissolves into him trying to (playfully) physically drag me off the bed and towards whatever room in the house I'm supposed to be in. And I lay there and laugh at his efforts.

This time I wound up on the floor. The bugger can pull me off the bed by my ankle now! And as it degenerated further into wrestling in the hallway (yes, we're big children sometimes), he lifted me over his head!!! How the heck am I supposed to wrastle if he can do that?

Imma have to learn some moves!
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    You are very welcome Evelyn. To tell the truth I was really intimidated by the Fourth of July challenge. It was such a whirlwind that I was afraid with my crazy home life that I wouldn't be able to keep up but I am surprised at how smoothly it runs itself.

Today was an easy going day. Still trying to get my lungs back to where they should be so I can function without panting. I finally got some cleaning done. I started it on wed was but felt so bad I couldn't finish up. So today I finished what I started. It has been really crappy weather here. Pouring rain and 30-50 mph winds. Perfect days for cleaning and cooking soup. I found some lamb soup bones in the freezer. So we are having veggie lamb soup. Can't beat carrots celery peas green beans corn and noodles in nice thick broth on such a dreary day. I just hope the weather clears up enough to let my parents come home tomorrow night.

Esther
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Angelfire asked me to post my watermelon cake recipe. Here it is.

1 White cake mix
    Watermelon purée
    Eggs

Instead of adding water and oil just add the same amount of watermelon purée. The cake tastes best with watermelon frosting. I have tried vanilla frosting because Iris wanted an Olaf cake for her birthday and watermelon frosting is orange and that doesn't work for a snowman.

To make the frosting I use powdered sugar Crisco and watermelon juice. I am lazy so I just strain the pulp out of the watermelon purée that I have left from making the cake.

A word of warning .......... It comes out looking orange. You did nothing wrong. I have no idea why red juice and red purée comes out orange bit it does. My only thought is some weird chemistry reaction.

Esther
  • cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!! Wanted to drop in and wish everyone a great week!
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Welcome back Christina!!