Tamoxifen & Weight Loss

Options
2»

Replies

• TASoto
    TASoto Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I still get scared at every freaking pain, and every mammogram and every pap :( I just try to workout everyday and to be HAPPY and not worry !!
  • ewstahl
    ewstahl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I lost 100 pounds while taking tamoxifen, partially because it made me nauseous in the beginning. I also had high BP, depression, anxiety, and was a pre-diabetic, so I HAD to make changes to my lifestyle and diet to be able to eat and feel better. I began to walk and do yoga. IMHO, some of us tend to overeat because of the anxiety and depression cancer leaves behind (and is also a side effect of tamoxifen). I tend to stop eating when I get depressed and anxious, so for me eating enough has been a struggle. Everyone is different. You need to do what is necessary for your health overall, including mental. The cancer is gone, hopefully forever, and we all need to live as if our life is a gift. Treasure your gift. It may not be exactly the gift you had planned, but it is a gift none the less.
  • mbryanlpc
    mbryanlpc Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a "like" button on this.
  • hiking3
    hiking3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am on Femara & have bone pain which makes it hard to exercise. I would love to have a group of MFP friends with BC diagnosis. I am 60 and use that as an excuse as well. Need to get healthier.
  • andreani823
    andreani823 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started on Tamoxifen Dec 2019, went through menopause during that first year, and then waltzed into the pandemic up 10 lbs. A year later and I’m up another 8! I’ve been walking 30-45 min daily, doing gentle Pilates 4-5 days/week, and no change. Time to really focus on what’s going into my mouth! I don’t want to get obsessive about what I’m eating — I just want to be more aware.