Pity party for one, please!

Options
Today, I had one of those emotional days where I feel overwhelmed & spent. I am having a really hard time balancing my exercising with my home life as a working mom & wife. I work full-time & go to the gym in the evenings after work (I bring my daughter with me to the gym). My house is one hot mess & I can't keep up with everything. I need to figure something out. Yes, I have asked my husband for help but he gets home quite late too. I feel like a loser today.

Replies

• amarie210
    amarie210 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I hate days like that. I try to remind myself that my house will just get dirty again even if I clean. I try to do a load of laundry every other day so it doesn't pile up and I empty the dishwasher daily. Those are my only goals house-wise. If I could afford a cleaning lady, I would do it in a heartbeat! I spend a chunk of time on Sundays doing as much meal prep for the week as possible-cutting produce, packing lunches, meal planning. The slow cooker is my best friend lately. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I work 4 days a week and have 3 kids.....so I hired a cleaner :). My kids call her the cleaning fairy and get really excited when she's been. She comes once a week for 2 hours, but that makes all the difference.

My husband works shifts, so when he's here in the morning and we're all gone he can do a couple of things. Not that he usually does to be honest!

It is hard though, and I know how you feel. When my husband's on late shift I go from work, to the gym, to collect 3 kids, then home to do dinner, baths, bedtime etc. It's stressful.
  • lynette4
    lynette4 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your time improving yourself and spending time with your family! Don't worry about the house. Like the other ladies said, it's only going to get messy again :) maybe you can get your daughter involved in helping by making it a game once a week :) (I'm not sure how old she is) that way you get family time, fun time and your house is clean :) chin up girl you can do it!!
  • boricua3177
    boricua3177 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the nice words, mamas. I think for the new year, I am going to find me a cleaning lady to come bi-weekly.

Ugh, who invented working for a living?!?