Indiana Gal with over 150 lbs to lose

Options
315tohealthy
315tohealthy Posts: 9 Member
Hey all!

My name is Kristina. I am 28, happily married, 1 beautiful 10 year old daughter, and weigh 311 lbs. My heaviest weight has been 318. My goal weight is 150, though my ultimate goal is really to be happy and healthy.

I would love to have friends on here who are active, encouraging, and can keep me accountable.

Thanks so much for reading - I'll post a longer intro on my blog!

Kristina

Replies

• Bullfrog2957
    Bullfrog2957 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the journey.
  • angiec0611
    angiec0611 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • jenspears31
    jenspears31 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

My name is Kristina. I am 28, happily married, 1 beautiful 10 year old daughter, and weigh 311 lbs. My heaviest weight has been 318. My goal weight is 150, though my ultimate goal is really to be happy and healthy.

I would love to have friends on here who are active, encouraging, and can keep me accountable.

Thanks so much for reading - I'll post a longer intro on my blog!

Kristina

Hey Christina just read your story and I just to personally say your not alone and I will be happy to help you in your journey we can achieve our goals together
  • bridget_i
    bridget_i Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Christina! I have very similar goals, and I live in Lafayette (only an hour away!) I would love to connect with you!
  • JessicaB523
    JessicaB523 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also 28, married, and live in Indy. 9 year old step-son who lives with us primarily. Would love to connect for encouragement and accountability.
  • Nutrition1st
    Nutrition1st Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristina. You can reach any goal you set. I started out where you were in 2008. I was over 300 lbs. It started with a nutrition education. Once I learned how and when to eat, I ate my portions on a schedule. As the weight started to fall off, I started doing resistance training 3 days a week for 45 minutes. I lost 125 lbs in 5 months. I'm here in Carmel. I'd be happy to help you develop a plan. Gotta start with baby steps and written goals. SMART goals.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    welcome. you can do it!
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome! I have similar weight loss goals, I am a south sider, would love to connect. As of today, I have lost 67.3 pounds, but I still have about 110-120 to go. Good luck!
  • ReFindingMe
    ReFindingMe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Welcome! !
  • heatherlsi
    heatherlsi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi Christina! Happy you are here =)... I started out with a lot of weight to lose... I hired a personal trainer and he asked me what my goals were. I told him I was going to lose 100 pounds in 6 months!!! His next question changed everything... he asked me why? What do you want to do? He said he needed a target other than a number on the scale... it is a huge shift but one that has helped me stay focused for almost five years... I think that is the key... having other goals so when the scale isn't moving you can still see progress... at first it was finishing a half marathon... I have not lost ALL of the weight but I have finished a bunch of half marathons, a full marathon, sprint triathlons, olympic triathlons, half Ironmans and 2 Ironmans.... the fitness goals have been SO MUCH FUN to chase... I just loved that you said your goal is to be healthy... that is so much more exciting to chase after than a number on the scale!!! =)
  • dcondra2507
    dcondra2507 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Christina. I too like that your main goal is to be healthy. I have a lot to lose and have no idea what my ideal weight should be so I just picked an easy round number to begin, 150, knowing it will change as I lose the weight. So far I'm down 24 lbs with a complete change to my eating program. I've learned that there is so much stuff I do not need to survive a day, and the realization that I have a very unhealthy relationship with and about food. I haven't been real motivated to exercise, although I have been cleaning up a storm and decluttering like a mad hatter. So take one day at a time and you'll get there!
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I'm 42 single mom of a 5 yr old son and 7yo daughter. I am a type 2 diabetic trying to eat a low carb diet to lower my sugars. Been only a week for me so far.