Like Minded Lushes - September 2015

Options
rjadams
rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
Okay so Summer is on its way out. Fall sets in and we get Oktober fest and mulled wines and crisp apply cider and all kinds of lushy goodness. The hectic routines of kids and school sets in. the dark long days (at least for me) make themselves known. Stay strong and powerful my friends but never deny yourself life's simple pleasures. (And whatever you need to get thru it all)

Last night was appletini on the rocks. I was cranky yesterday. The good news is that the scale hit a new number for me today so yay!.

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    YAY congrats Robin!!! I haven't weighed myself since we moved in with the in laws.....I know I was up cause I was feeling pretty pudgy but I can tell I am heading back down...my clothes fit good and I have been fairly consistent with working out, so maybe one of these days I'll unpack the scale????????!!!!!! :smile:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Where did the summer go?? It makes me sad...but we've got 2 more trips this month...one starting this weekend and another after the son goes back to college at the end of the month. I cannot believe he will be a senior this year!!
    I had wine last night. Shooting for a 0 tonight.

Have fun Kate! I'm so not a camper but you make it sound great. :)
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Heya guys, I see we all made it to September in one piece! We will be leaving on a ten day canoe trip on Wednesday so I won't be posting for awhile. You all take care and I will check in when I get back!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I'm so sad summer is over
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    enjoy Gary!
    Me too Chloe. :/
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I can't believe summer is over...however, I'm happy it is! I'm not a summer kind of girl at all....blame the pale, pale skin. I'm more of a hoodie & jeans or leggings kind of girl.

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - will be 0...and will be my first time to the gym since....July :neutral:

We leave for SF in 8 days...and I cannot wait!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Sat=0
    Sunday=0
    Monday=0
    Tuesday=looking at 0 but Social Distortion concert Wednesday, that might hurt...
    We did not camp this year, I missed it.
  • rjadams
    Options
    We haven't camped since I was out of work so its been 4 years. I miss it too. Hopefully next summer. *sigh* I bought my last bottle of Firefly for the year yesterday and had lemonade and Firefly. It was my farewell toast to the season. It is rainy and yucky today so I will have some more tonight and pretend that it is still summer. 15 days until my trip to NYC. I can't wait.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Still very summer-like here. Let's face it...I'm spoiled in San Diego. ..it's summer 9 months of the year.
    Off to our last beach getaway and I'm looking foward to it. The ocean makes me a happy girl. The blood pressure immediately drops. We're staying at a new place I found...our room is right on sand. I'll take lots of pics!
    oh...I had a 0 last night and probably another tonight. Also dropped 2 lbs which I won't log since I'm sure I'll put them right back on this week. :drinker:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Sat=0
    Sunday=0
    Monday=0
    Tuesday=0
    Tonight I am budgeting for 5 beers at the concert
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Woohoo Amy! I haven't had that many 0's in a row in forever
  • rjadams
    Options
    Okay lushes, hang on to your hats, I had a ZERO last night. First one in a long long time and I didn't even really think about it. It just happened.

Way to go Amy. Syd good job and have fun at the beach.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0!
    Wednesday - ginger beer, 1/2 bottle of red, 1/2 pumpkin beer = I'll call it a 4

Going to try for another 0 tonight since I'm sure I'll drink plenty this weekend. We're headed to see friends in St. Louis.
  • rjadams
    Options
    several sweet tea lemonades last night.
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Had 0's all week! YAY!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day weekend!! I'll be in SF this time next week. YAY!!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Happy weekend lushes!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    While Fall is my favorite season I don't view Summer over until the temp drops which it hasn't so it's still Summer for me. I also want to put up the Fall decor but it doesn't seem right when it's 90° out but maybe I will tomorrow.

In other news there's not much going on, haha, just lushing along. I do have a pinched nerve in my left shoulder so P90X is sidelined until that is all better, still riding the bike though.

Happy September lushes! :)
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    I thought I would pop in and say "Hello"!

I have been a bad lush or a good lush depending on how you define it. Life has been sucky lately...had to close the restaurant due to issues with the landlord. We still have a food truck...I am working two jobs so am very busy. Glad to see the lushes still lushing! Looking forward to some cooler weather and a three day weekend!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I was going to harass you if you didn't check in soon...good to see you wolfie :)
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey lushes.
    Friday - had a beer on the way to the pool, had 2 (snuck in) cocktails there, and a beer at home.
    Saturday - 8, 9?? We got to our friends' around 1:30, had cocktails with lunch and never stopped. I got kinda hammered.
    Did a little better Sunday but still drank all day, but went to bed at 9:15 CST. Had 2 beers and a cocktail yesterday.

Today is a 0. Tomorrow we have a birthday party and then my parents are in town. SO not many 0's to come here.....