Stay busy

Options
I think it's key to stay out of the house as much as possible. Let's take advantage of the fact that it's not cold, snowy, or rainy. We should be outdoors because before you know it we will be too cold to go outside.

Replies

• KiwiAlexP
    KiwiAlexP Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with exercising outside in the cold (unless you live somewhere where there is snow - ugh). I started C25K in the middle of our winter and was running/stumbling around the neighbourhood while bundled up in a big hoodie - including at least one run in drizzle and couple of long walks in full rain - just used an umbrella for those ones
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Depends on where you live in the world! LOL Last week and this week we are running about 46 C -48 C (about 114-118 F ) with humidity. A tad bit hot and humid to be breathing outside let alone walking! But my indoor treadmill will be fine!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Staying busy is my biggest problem. when i am not working i don't move. I did get a fitbit and it helps. At times i can't believe how still i was, It makes me move so my steps can add up.
  • 52bigfamrocks
    52bigfamrocks Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So true! I'm in New York and selfishly was just thinking about my climate
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I'm in Texas and it's hot and humid right now. I do take daily walks at the lake, my pup really enjoys it and we both get exercise. We have to either go early in the morning or in the evening because otherwise its just nasty. So ready for Fall weather! Here is my pup this evening and a lake shot. In the Fall and Winter I can easily spend all day down there.

dl4183u7ivkb.jpg

6lnzidqpdla7.jpg

• catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    You are very lucky to have such a wonderful place to walk...and with a cute partner too!
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Thanks, we do love the places we walk. Yesterday we went to the pond to feed the ducks. It's a daily thing. lol295723425ody.jpg
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to fall yard clean up, we have a good sized yard and the oak trees keep us busy. We are right next to conservation land and they barf all their leaves in our yard. But winter....yikes....after it starts snowing, the only outdoor exercise is shoveling and maybe some sledding on the weekends with my girls. Other wise its gets a bit dangerous to be out running or walking after work. Its already dark out, the roads are hazardous and the snow on the sidewalks isn't cleared or if it is, not that well. And cycling is straight out. Don't mind the cold too much though unless it start dropping into the single digits.
  • harpstermelissa
    harpstermelissa Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in Texas and it's hot and humid right now. I do take daily walks at the lake, my pup really enjoys it and we both get exercise. We have to either go early in the morning or in the evening because otherwise its just nasty. So ready for Fall weather! Here is my pup this evening and a lake shot. In the Fall and Winter I can easily spend all day down there.

dl4183u7ivkb.jpg

6lnzidqpdla7.jpg

That looks likes beautiful area. I'm just outside of Houston, and I can't wait for fall.
  • StrawberryDisco
    StrawberryDisco Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I wholeheartedly agree with this. Even when I don't feel like it I try to get out of the house every day. It seems to both take my mind off of food and keep me active.

Yesterday I decided to skip my connecting bus and walk the extra 1.5 miles to my destination and it was so worth it to get some sightseeing in.

98sijtr6cden.jpg
    xz1xy8hlouru.jpg
  • sfinsc
    sfinsc Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    One of the benefits of C25K is that it has got me out of the house a lot more. I love it. On my last run I saw a giant turtle and got wayyy too excited. :)