Wedding bands

Options
CostaRica120
CostaRica120 Posts: 274 Member
My fiance and I are meeting with our jeweler next week (ok, the jeweler that did my e-ring...we don't have "our jeweler" lol) to discuss wedding bands. I'm so unsure of what to go with! I'm kinda leaning towards a totally plain, thin yellow gold band. I don't know if it will go very well with my e-ring though. Thoughts? Have you picked yours yet?
This photo is my e-ring. It's set in white gold so I'm just not sure about mixing metals...but I love a simple yellow gold band.
r6be87vtsxpi.jpg

Replies

• brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    We picked out our wedding bands a couple weeks ago at the Renaissance Festival (we've gone together every year since we started dating). They're nothing fancy, but they're from a place that means something to us. They both have a kind of Celtic band design. His is a thicker band and the design is actually a spinner; mine has a similar design but just a straightforward silver (not real silver) and black band. The only matching element to my e-ring is the silver color (e-ring is white gold). They're more matched to each other.

TLDR: My fiance and I picked out our wedding bands and mine doesn't really match my e-ring at all (except coloring). Do what fits for you.
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Nice e-ring, I saw a lady with a gorgeous vintage one recently. I decided not to have an e-ring as it seemed unbalanced somehow, only one partner getting one, but I do see some nice ones, also a work friend of mine had a lovely wedding and e-ring set which fitted together.

For wedding bands we're going for ones with finger prints engraved either on the inside or outside, and my partner wants some kind of jewel in them. I have two silver heart pendants with our children's finger prints engraved in them so I liked the idea!
  • gthing1978
    gthing1978 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    un623klxsdzo.jpg
    We looked and looked for a band that did not take away from the heart shape. I was going to just get a white gold band but then 2 weeks ago we went to one last store and found this... I love it :). We got it and his ring as well.
  • CostaRica120
    CostaRica120 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Love your heart ring and that band is so perfect!! We've actually decided to re-set mine in yellow gold, so I'm going to get a simple yellow gold band to go along with it and my FI is getting a matching yellow gold band.
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Oh my goodness that Heart ring is lovely! And @CostaRica120 I LOVE the diamonds all around the band part of your ring it's absolutely GORGEOUS!!

I just got my ring this past weekend and I LOVE it and was quite surprised that I picked something so different than what I had originally thought I would! I don't have the wedding band part in the picture which is a simple yellow gold band that has a bit of a twist in it to match the design of the e-ring and for the life of me I can't seem to get a picture that I think does it justice (I keep picking on my hands- :lol: we are our own worst critics, right?) but here it is...

a662fzj4api2.jpg

I can't quit starring at it! That wears off after a while I'll bet, but I don't know, it just makes it all seem a bit more REAL now :mrgreen:
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    These are really great! You ladies have style.