Low Sugar Snacks

Options
SilviaFDK
SilviaFDK Posts: 11 Member
Starting back to work today- another school year-I teach Kindergarten and love it, but am worried that my snacking will get crazy now that crazy is back :) Any ideas for low sugar snacks?

Replies

• Loosing63
    Loosing63 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    How about an apple with a light mozarella (string-) cheese stick? Or grapes with cheese? They both have some sugar, but it's from fruit. :) Can't go wrong with a small serving of fruit and protein! Also a serving size of trail mix (mixed nuts and dried fruit like cherries, cranberries or raisins) would be perfect. You can buy a bigger bag of trail mix and snack-size ziplock bags to prepare perfect portions to take along.
  • Loosing63
    Loosing63 Posts: 668 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Good snacks are also carrot sticks with light ranch or hummus, apple slices with a little peanut butter + crushed nuts + chocolate chips, or greek yogurt. For a sweet tooth try "Fiber One" 90 calorie treats like brownie, lemon bar, cinnamon coffee cake etc. How about a nice biscotti with your coffee?
  • SilviaFDK
    SilviaFDK Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just tried the lemon bar Fiber One bar yesterday and it was yummy! Thanks for all your great ideas :)