Take Your Picture with Your Children

Options
caiti12
caiti12 Posts: 47 Member
I posted on this in more detail in my blog but please continue to take your picture with your children no matter how you feel about your weight. I met a mom recently that had stopped taking her picture, even with her children, because she was unhappy with her weight. This mom maybe had 25 pounds to lose but she was judging herself so harshly that all she was seeing was her added weight, not her strength for carrying a child, not her determination to continue to work and care for her child, and not the unjudging eyes of her 4 year old that only see mommy. Its important to get healthy, its important to be able to have energy to play with your children but at what cost? If the obsession on weight is so strong that we begin to create a world where weight is all we think about, talk about, and the message that we give our children is that you only have worth if you are thin then I would argue losing weight is not worth it. Moms, you have worth, you have value whether you lose 1 pound or 2 pounds or gain weight. Your little ones want their pictures taken with you. Sometimes its important to stop focusing on weight loss in order to live and get yourself to a point that you can start setting goals to be healthy rather than to lose weight.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/caiti12/view/what-if-their-were-no-mommy-and-me-pictures-764468

Replies

• magicmarigold
    magicmarigold Posts: 40 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Just wanted to add take your picture in general. My mum was overweight, she had various health problems and absolutely refused to be in photos. She died when i was a teenager and now all I have is 2 photos of her. She hated how she looked but I would give anything to have an album full of photos to look through now.

I'm not happy with how I look at the moment but I slightly obsessively ( ha) make sure there are photos being taken of me, just in case...
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    My profile pic is with my kids :)

I've always made sure I have photos with my children, even when I haven't looked my best. They're lovely memories.
  • boricua3177
    boricua3177 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Omg, this is so true! Thanks for posting this lovely reminder that our children love us as we are.
  • Danatuckermax
    Danatuckermax Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love this post so much! I have such a hard time taking pictures with my ten-month-old because I hate the way I look so much. I know I'll come to regret this and am going to make an effort to let it go now.
  • caiti12
    Options
    I agree, take your picture in general!
  • star08122005
    star08122005 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    kqt2uinybg9n.jpg
    My little monkeys and me
  • caiti12
    Options
    Love the picture!
  • kevc1986
    kevc1986 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    qxazt0kksgla.jpg

Me and my little human
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    image.jpg
    picture uploader

Bigger version of my profile pic with my 3 babies :)
  • adawn1981
    adawn1981 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    drll5tthcdk0.jpg