Introduction

Options
Hi! My name is Amy and I am trying to get in great shape for an upcoming 1/2 marathon. This will be my first 1/2 but I have been running since I was 14 y/o and I'm now 31. I need to lose 19 but could lose more! Let's go for 20 :wink:

Replies

• mnalsa83
    mnalsa83 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy, My name is Melani I'm a mom of 2 girls who keep me busy running from one sporting event to another and ballet/jazz classes. I was my heaviest 3 yrs ago weighing 181lbs. More than I ever was being pregnant with either one. I am now down to 158 (as of this am). I don't have much time to myself for working out which is very tough... and I've been struggling with just having enough energy to keep up with day to day stuff... It's now time to get my butt in gear, eat healthy, plan ahead and get active... :smiley:
  • kathymay1013
    kathymay1013 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy amd Melani I'm Kathy. I'm 45, an empty-nester and in the worst shape of my life. Trying to get my sexy back. I have about 55 lbs to lose and 20 by Christmas would be a great start. I look forward to getting acquainted with everyone.
  • harpstermelissa
    harpstermelissa Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Melissa. I have been on MFP on and off for years. I have about 100 pounds to lose in the long run but, my first goal is 25 pounds.
  • ellejay29
    ellejay29 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Lisa. I started my weight loss journey 2 years ago and lost 4 stone from Aug 13 to Dec 13. I only lose or maintain with exercise as I'm not a dieter :( This year I had a really busy July-present date and have barely set foot in gym. The result is a significant weight gain and up a dress size. To make matters more complicated I fell downstairs 5 days ago and tore the ligaments in my right foot. Am feeling really hopeless so thought group motivation may help. If anybody would like to add me as a friend I would be very grateful as I always achieve more with support. Thank you x
  • anna_sometimes
    anna_sometimes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Anna,

I'm a runner and always kept the weight off that way. Unfortunately I've not been able to run at all since April due to a nasty foot injury and I'm only just now getting some fitness back. This has meant that the weight has crept on and I'm a stone heavier than I was in April and clinically overweight for the 1st time in years :|

I might not need to go for the full 20lb (14 would be a damn good start) but it would be great to stay on track between now and X-Mas.

Good luck everyone!
  • memere101
    memere101 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Linda, I live in Virginia. I have 5 grown kids and 6 grandkids with number 7 making an appearance in late October :smile: Two of my sons, a daughter in law, and 2 1/2 year old grandson live with my husband and I. Which definitely makes life interesting. I don't work outside the home, but I do babysit 3 of my grandkids almost everyday, and I'm in the process of starting an online sewing business. I started this health journey last August and dropped over 40 pounds. My weight has not moved much all summer. Of course after way too many family celebrations and several months of depression I'm happy it didn't go up 10 pounds. Hoping this group will help me get back on track.
  • ryanndavignon
    ryanndavignon Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Ryann and I'm 27. I had my second child, a girl, a little over 4 months ago. I was over weight to begin with before getting pregnant (185lbs). The day I had my daughter I was 222lbs. After I had her, I settled at about 213. It was depressing and I knew I needed to make a change. 70 days ago today I decided that I needed to take control of what I was eating and exercise more. So I started with counting my calories. Then I started walking during my lunch break (I walk a mile at lunch). Then my husband decided that he needed to drop some weight as well and we started walking at night. We went from eating out everyday for dinner to eating out once a week, and went from not walking at all to walking anywhere from 2-5 miles a day. In the last 70 days I have lost 16lbs. To lose 20lbs by Christmas would be awesome, and put me at less that what I weighed before I got pregnant. Im really excited! Based off of how I have been losing (1.6lbs a week, roughly) If I keep it up, and I don't plateau, I should hopefully be able to lose 20-24 lbs!

Here's to the next 104 days!!
  • pinklion721
    pinklion721 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Kelly and I have a 6 year old son. I started MFP in 2011 and lost 30lbs. At the time I was a stay at home mom of a toddler. I was able to exercise every morning, take him on bike rides, walks, a lot of outside day trips. Since I've started working again I've gained it all back over 3 years.(plus more)

I know how to make this work, but my life is different and I need a lot of Motivation to stay on the right track.

Feel free to add me

• ChristineCain
    ChristineCain Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My name is Christine and this is my second (or third or forth) go around on MFP. I started with MFP back in 2012 as my 2nd child's first birthday approached. I needed to work on me. The scale was hovering around 225 and I felt horrible. I lost 50 pounds in a year by logging, working out, and just taking better care of myself overall. Flash forward 3 years, with a career change and other life events, ~30 of it has crept back on. I've chipped away 10 of it so far and hope to lose another 30. Feel free to add me!