Hmrjmr1
Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
Hope all is well with all of you.

Replies

• Hmrjmr1
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Been a busy day and this week will be a bit crazy as my Shot Put competition is Wednesday. Added 11 inches to my best throw over last week so pretty pleased with how things are going there. I harbor no illusions or expectations of even being competitive this year. But I am pleased to see a developing vision of what I have to work on to improve it in the coming year and what I'll need to do to add the javelin as well. Discus may be too ambitious with my knees. Have to do some testing on that one.

Cooking up some of the recipes from Jason Seib's new protocol ALTSHIFT. Not going full tilt boogie in to it til after the competition. Need to focus on one thing. It seems a good idea though and makes sense to me as its a way to use all the tools in the box in a structured way.

My co worker I've been helping prep for Body Building Competitions is doing well, in 8 weeks of Carb Nite and Carb Back-loading he's gone from 226 lbs to a competition 204 at about 7% Body Fat. He is very pleased and is now focused in posing prep and maintenance. May get a chance to get pics this coming week.

Deb Sue Monday is M day so don't Forget Bob Marley and Jammin'!

Happy Grandparents Day to those of you who are. :)
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    $20 for a vegan "sausage" sandwich and coffee is a ripoff!!!!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Heron- ?.??
  • jenniferyounginillinois
    Options
    DebSue, it's M day (and is Monday, coincidentally - hehehe). There can be no other choice for music today. MADONNA!!!!! :smile: Oh sure, I can think of plenty of other M artists.
    Heck, I think I'll just have a Madonna marathon at work today. All Madonna all day.

Ok, it's 2:30 and I've been up since midnight (don't ask). That might explain the above Madonna rant. :wink:
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Monday Folks!
  • leopardprintaholic
    Options
    Hi Guys! As Sunday was my "day of rest", today I'll be jaunting to the letter "L". This one is a complete no-brainer for me: The DIVA herself, ANNIE LENNOX B) Thanks Hammer & Jen for supplying me with my "M"s for tomorrow. Love You Guys!
    Options
    Hi Guys! As Sunday was my "day of rest", today I'll be jaunting to the letter "L". This one is a complete no-brainer for me: The DIVA herself, ANNIE LENNOX B) Thanks Hammer & Jen for supplying me with my "M"s for tomorrow. Love You Guys!

Awww jeez, now I'm all confused DebSue! :tongue:
  • heronh
    Options
    John, I think it's great that you are approaching the competition in such a positive way. And I'm sure next year you'll improve. And very cool with your co worker! Can't wait to see the pictures!
    Keep us updated on the ALTSHIFT.
    I'm doing great! I've lost a few stubborn lbs and thanks to the glucometer I've found out that eating low carb for me can raise my fasting glucose. I've been eating around 50g net carbs and still losing whereas I wasn't for the past 7months doing ULC. My fasting glucose after a spaghetti and meatball dinner is 91. And post dinner glucose was 115. These are all pretty good numbers. Optimal is under 100 post meal and 85 for fasting. I will keep striving for those numbers but for now with the glucometer I can really see what spikes my glucose and what doesn't. We've been trying with different macros and yesterday was the first time that we introduce pasta. I want to try bread next or a small dessert to see what my tolerance are. Knowing these will help my navigate my food choice based on data and hopefully produce a better result. But this way of eating is way less stressful and enjoyable.
  • heronh
    Options
    Amy I love what you said "The more I'm able to love myself as I am, the more I genuinely admire the beauty in others without making comparisons to others." So true. Comparisons stems from insecurities, it's one thing so strive to be better and another to constantly make comparisons.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    All Righty Then! Happy Tuesday Folks. Rest Day before the Competition tomorrow.

WTG Heron. Some good info and congrats on the movement on the scale. The n=1 info is always good to have I have brought my A1C down by into the 5's in about 4 mo and was testing to see different reactions to different stuff. learned for me, high protein meals will spike it even more than some carbs.
  • heronh
    Options
    John, Arturo has that reaction if the meal was just straight protein and low fat.

Today I had a little body image issue, it happens, but I acknowledge it, think rationally and positively and moved on.
  • heronh
    Options
    I am gonna do the "right" thing. Arturo is taking to a company dinner, I know the restaurant, looked up the menu and pre planned. It's hard for me to turn down house made fresh pasta but I really feel like dessert so instead of pasta and bread I opted for wine and a lower carb dessert.
    Options
    Good morning everybody.

N day for DebSue. Hmm... All I can come up with are Nine Inch Nails, Stevie Nicks and (don't judge) New Kids on the Block. :tongue:
  • leopardprintaholic
    Options
    Jen, You are a lifesaver! I also was blanking on "N" ... Nirvana?
    Options
    Jen, You are a lifesaver! I also was blanking on "N" ... Nirvana?

Oh jeez DebSue. How could I forget Nirvana!
  • heronh
    Options
    N for Nsync :p and No doubt
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Well back from the games today, For those not on FB I set a PR today in the Shot Put w 27' 5 3/4" good enough for Bronze Medal. Badminton Tomorrow, if my knees hold up they are sore tonight. 6 hrs of driving sucks. Got to see the Javelin competition. Planning to add Discus, and Javelin to my events next year. Thinking about the Hammer Throw as well. Have to look into it more, I do have a place to practice it though on the weekends, (Those are hard to find).

Hope all is well with all of you. Have a great Thursday as well.
  • imabizzybee
    imabizzybee Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Excited to share that I am meeting Chris Kresser tomorrow! He's holding an event locally (mostly about his certification program) but it is very small. Yippee!
  • imabizzybee
    imabizzybee Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Heron, I am so interested in your LC and ULC results. What glucometer are you using? Did you need a prescription?
  • howie6267
    howie6267 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Been busy for me at work so I have not been on much. I usually pop in during the day. Eating is going good this week. I did have an extra treat day Sunday with having the guys over to watch football. I was able to make up for it through the week though and should have a loss.

heronh, good for you for looking ahead of time at the menu. That's always a big help.