Strong Curves

Options

Replies

• roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Ha yeah the high reps really seem taxing even though it is bodyweight stuff. It's tough with the number of reps I find it difficult to feel like I am making progress - I can't rack the weights up like I would for 5 reps! I enjoyed my B day yesterday although I am a bit sore from it today.
    I really struggle with the prisoner back extensions, they make my back sore and I have to stop and stretch at times.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Roxylola - Happy Birthday!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    I am thinking of starting this program. I noticed that this thread started a month ago. Anyone notice it changing your glutes? Did you continue doing SL or did you switch over completely or a combination? Thanks for your input!
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I started doing the glute only work as an accessory to 5x5 but have not been faithful to it because of lack of time.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    I started doing the glute only work as an accessory to 5x5 but have not been faithful to it because of lack of time.

Did you notice any change in your glutes from what you did do?
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I did the entire strong curves advanced program over 16-18 weeks (instead of 12 because of illness vacation kids work etc).

My husband says I have a whole new bum. And I do! And no, I'm not going to post pictures. It's firmer and higher and has less cellulite. I also have a nice hamstring curve that wasn't as pronounced before.

I think I gained 2-4 pounds while doing the program and it all went to my *kitten*.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    andylllI wrote: »
    I did the entire strong curves advanced program over 16-18 weeks (instead of 12 because of illness vacation kids work etc).

My husband says I have a whole new bum. And I do! And no, I'm not going to post pictures. It's firmer and higher and has less cellulite. I also have a nice hamstring curve that wasn't as pronounced before.

I think I gained 2-4 pounds while doing the program and it all went to my *kitten*.

Even though you gained the weight did you loose inches since it got firmer?
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Mine is more rounded on top, I have a definite bottom now so I would say yes it makes a difference
  • ChiliPepperLifter
    ChiliPepperLifter Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Even after only 5 weeks doing gorgeous glutes and SL, I can say I see a difference in my leg and butt definition. I am still eating at a deficit, however, so I am not sure which of these is more influential. Probably both, as my glutes and hammies have never been so sore :)
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I don't need to build a butt since mine is already ample but after a few wks of SC it looks lifted. I have noticed definition in my legs for the first time. Squats couldn't even do that.
  • andylllI
    Options
    My measurements didn't change much. Something like 0.5 inches off waist and hips in that time. But I started the program at 141# and 5'7", low 20s % body fat. I gained weight because I ate at what I thought was maintenance but given it was 5 lbs or less it's was probably mostly water and glycogen from lifting. My lower ab post baby fat (And my boobs sadly) shrunk and I look leaner overall. Ihave better muscle definition in my shoulders arms and back as well and the two top abs peaking through and a nice oblique line.
  • fanncy0626
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Okay! I'm in! My question for you ladies is advice as to when I should start. On October 9 through the following week and weekend I will be on vacation. That gives me 2 1/2 weeks that I could dedicate to the program then one week where I will be traveling by car from Minnesota to Colorado and back home again. Is this a daily program or do you do it on the same days as you do SL? Would it hurt to start then take a week off possibly and return to it when I get back or should I wait until 17 October to start? Went on vacation before and I did go to the local gym and do the strong lift program. However this time we are visiting relatives.
  • andylllI
    Options
    my opinion is that you should just start. Its a program like any other, the more consistent you are the better but that being said, something is always better than nothing. You can maintain with the body weight version while you are on the road (sub workout A for workout A) or just sub a body weight variation, or get some exercise bands and do variations with those. If you have to take a week off, just maybe deload a bit when you get back to it. I took many weeks off for things like illness, work, vacation. There will always be gaps in ANY program you run because...well, life.
  • fanncy0626
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Andyllll- thanks for the advice. Life does get in the way a lot of the time. You're right don't put off. I need to still get the book. I live an hour from a large town. I will see about my kindle. I have never put a book on it.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    I got the strong curves book on my Kindle! I am on chapter 7. I am hoping to get done reading this week so I can do the bodyweight exercises while I am on vacation.
  • symba1130
    symba1130 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I jumped to week 5-8 because I felt like weeks 1-4 were too easy. So far I am really liking it. Not sure if I have noticed any major changes to my bum, but I am trying to continue all 12 weeks before switching it up.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    if ever a thread cried out for before-and-afters, this is that thread.

#hovering on the edge of commitment myself.

edit: i just looked it up. nope.
  • symba1130
    symba1130 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    HAHA @canadianlbs !! I cant seem to get myself to take a pic of the bum for comparison.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    It would be fun though. hehe

Actually, there was a thread on the female bodybuilding.com forums called "squat booty" and had progress pictures, mostly involving tight yoga pants and such. It got closed down recently though, which is a little too bad because it was kinda fun.

I may have pictures but they are never going to be posted anywhere as it along with the sports bra ones that show my stomach are for me only. Plus, I'm not even doing strong curves. ;-)
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    What kind of exercises does this book have? I'm thinking of buying it. Can it all be done in a weight gym? I'm hoping I won't have to buy any special equipment once I join the gym.