Question, problems, conundrums

Options
going camping next weekend. How to do this program while camping? Ideas? I'm especially wondering about the workouts. I'll be missing one, maybe 2 workout. Or need alternatives. We're camping by sand dunes, going kayaking and hiking, so I won't be a total slug!

Replies

• Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    What workouts will you be missing? If you Google the workouts they have cheat sheets you can bring with you while you travel so you don't miss anything. Then again, you seem like you'll be moving a lot, so maybe you should just enjoy your trip and not worry about missing a few workouts.
  • Ladybug1250
    Ladybug1250 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Also if you're camping i would say just use 30 min of another activity. So if you're swiming, hiking, biking, maybe some yoga, whatever it is you're up to just count that as long as it's 30 min or more. When we go on vacation we're usually pretty active, plus i use my fitbit) so as long as im moving more throughout the day i dont worry too much about DVDS i'm doing at the time.
  • CrosbyMcDowell
    CrosbyMcDowell Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm missing yoga for sure, so I can do some sun salutations and be satisfied. Maybe dirty 30, depending on when we plan on leaving.
  • CrosbyMcDowell
    Options
    That's a good tip about the cheat sheets!
  • g0inraw
    g0inraw Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Here are 2 orange containers but it days I can only have 1 serving. Is that only one or one of each a fay?
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    One orange container only. They give a spare orange for some reason.
  • CrosbyMcDowell
    Options
    Spinach: measure it raw or after cooking? I eat it both ways and I get confused. I mean, it's spinach. Not like I'm gonna blow my calories for the day with it, but just wondering what others are doing.
  • randilast
    randilast Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Spinach: measure it raw or after cooking? I eat it both ways and I get confused. I mean, it's spinach. Not like I'm gonna blow my calories for the day with it, but just wondering what others are doing.

I'm curious too. For other foods as well. I just got a scale this weekend to weigh other items and would like to know as, when I enter Round 2 of 21 Day Fix, I'll be more diligent with my meal plan. So what foods should you weight before cooking and what should you weigh after?
  • rjpittner
    rjpittner Posts: 70 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I measure everything raw! I know the norm found in recipes for veggies is to measure raw, then cook. But even now with 21DF I measure my pasta, oatmeal, rice, spinach, carrots, peppers, onions...truly everything...raw! I think that the extra calories you'd be consuming would be negligible at best when comparing measuring raw vs. cooked.
  • vividii
    vividii Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I will be visiting family soon, and only eating 2 yellow containers worth of carbs per day will be challenging to say the least. That could go in just one snack. I love the food, they love to cook, eat often and stuff people. Lol, you know how it is. Any suggestions?
  • jennimben
    jennimben Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    @vivdii - most of all have a lot of fun and enjoy your family! But my first thought is drink a lot of water, get in some good exercise, have lots of veggies around and enjoy the food a bit. The vacation will come to an end and you'll have great memories, you can always jump right back on board when you are home.
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. Two tiny yellow containers suck. I just looked and realized that winter squash counts as a veggie, so that's a saving grace for me. I accidentally ate both of my yellows already today. :(