hzbrf2015
hzbrf2015 Posts: 23 Member
edited September 2015 in Social Groups
Post them here! :)

New Year's Exercise Habit Fitness Challenge:

1. Did you exercise?
2. What did you do and for how long?
3. Are you meeting your goals?
3. If you did not, what was your challenge for exercising today?
4. (optional) How are you feeling?

For this first day as we are just getting started, let us post the following:

1. What is your motivator for exercising?
2. What type of exercise do you plan on doing?
3. Is your goal daily exercise?
4. Do you have goals that you want to meet through exercise?
5. How do you feel about this challenge?

Replies

• STLGraffitiQueen
    STLGraffitiQueen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - 9/14/15:

1. What is your motivator for exercising? I want to be healthy and be able to feel like myself again.
    2. What type of exercise do you plan on doing? Daily walking, squat challenge, and weights
    3. Is your goal daily exercise? Yes...please hold me accountable to this ;-)
    4. Do you have goals that you want to meet through exercise? Yes, I want to lose weight and boost my confidence.
    5. How do you feel about this challenge? I'm excited to finally be held accountable for my exercising. I can do it, I just need motivation. That's where you guys come in. :-)
  • catt952
    catt952 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Day 2
    Today i did 49 minutes of brisk walking. This was at lunch time between classes. It was challenging because i was wearing tight clothes, uncomfortable flats and felt tired but am glad i did it. I feel quite worried about this daily exercise.. yikes!
  • patesq
    patesq Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    9/14/2015:

1. Did you exercise?
    Yes.

AM: 60 min cardio, PM: 15 min cardio, 30 min weights-lower body, 15 min cardio

Seem to have hit a plateau on the weight loss but my cardio capability is increasing

4. If you did not, what was your challenge for exercising today?
    N/A

5. (optional) How are you feeling?
    Morning cardio was tough, evening went well.
  • catt952
    catt952 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Day 3
    Walked 58 minutes in total. Divided up in 2 sections through the day. Feel better for doing it.
  • hzbrf2015
    Options
    OK, so I've been meaning to post, and then I don't, because I go upstairs to bed, and then realize I didn't post. So, I think I'll do it in the morning, for the day before. :)

1. Did you exercise? Yes.
    2. What did you do and for how long? 30 minutes, walking around the neighbourhood.
    3. Are you meeting your goals? Not so much with water intake. As a teacher it's hard to drink during the day since I don't get pee breaks, plus, I'm not a naturally thirsty person. I'm perfectly happy to have a coffee in the morning, and a drink with each meal, and I'm done.
    4. (optional) How are you feeling? Frustrated that I can't seem to keep some pretty simple goals. At the same time, pretty damn proud that I walked every single day for the past 5 days. It's more than I was doing, so a change is good. Hoping to work myself up to trying out some weights, since muscle building is important for overall fitness and a higher metabolism!
  • patesq
    Options
    9/15/2015:

1. Did you exercise?
    Yes.

AM: 60 min cardio, PM: 15 min cardio, 30 min weights-upper body, 15 min cardio

So far, so good. I'd like to see a difference on me rather than just on the scale.

N/A

OK. Got a FitBit on Monday and it's driving me crazy trying to figure out how to make it work best for me.
  • hzbrf2015
    Options
    1. Did you exercise? Yes.
    2. What did you do and for how long? 30 minutes, walking around the neighbourhood.
    3. Are you meeting your goals? Did better with water intake today!! Started adding in some green tea too. I find I don't like it without sugar, but I'm trying to cut down the amount so that it's just slightly sweet.
    4. (optional) How are you feeling? Sore! My legs aren't happy. My hip bothers me, I'm developing arthritis in it, and now it's pretty much a constant ache. Thinking about swimming as another exercise, but I have to actually GO there.
  • patesq
    Options
    A little behind but catching up:

9/16/2015:

1. Did you exercise?
    Yes.

So far, so good.

N/A

9/17/2015:

1. Did you exercise?
    Yes.

So far, so good.

N/A

Got the FitBit working and really like having the calorie burn calculated automatically.

We're heading to the gym in a few minutes so will have to post tomorrow for today.
  • patesq
    Options
    9/18/2015:

1. Did you exercise?
    Yes.

So far, so good.

N/A
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Ok. Just found this discussion thread!
    Jogged 2 miles this am- that was my goal
    Feel great.
  • hzbrf2015
    Options
    I was a bad girl and didn't exercise, drank a bunch of alcohol, and naughty food all weekend long. Hubby had a long week, and I just recently experienced my 7th failed attempt at IVF, so we were both in a funk. Back at it today!
  • patesq
    Options
    9/19/2015:

1. Did you exercise?
    Yes.

So far, so good.

N/A

Looking forward to taking the morning off.
  • patesq
    Options
    9/20/2015:

1. Did you exercise?
    Yes.

PM: 15 min cardio, 30 min weights-lower body, 15 min cardio, Sunday is break day, no morning workout.

So far, so good.

N/A
  • patesq
    Options
    9/21/2015:

1. Did you exercise?
    Yes.

On my way - I have lost 25% of my goal as of this morning. I'm 9 weeks into this.

N/A
  • hzbrf2015
    Options
    I've been sick, so I haven't been doing anything much except chicken soup and surf couching. I'm so bloated from just feeling icky. :(

Where is everyone????
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Would like to join you. Better late than never, right? So....I'll answer the Day 1 questions today.

1. What is your motivator for exercising? To feel and look better. Strengthen my heart. Get rid of some belly bloat.
    2. What type of exercise do you plan on doing? Probably walking or riding my bicycle. I have a gym membership and live in Wisconsin, so in the winter I will go to the gym. My long-term goal is to add in some weight lifting.
    3. Is your goal daily exercise? Yes, of some sort.
    4. Do you have goals that you want to meet through exercise? Yes. I would like to drop 2 sizes. I would like to be able to not get out of breath so easily. I want to sleep better at night. I want to have more energy and just feel healthier in general. I would LOVE to be able to get off the cardiac medications and strengthen my heart muscle.
    5. How do you feel about this challenge? I think it is a great idea, but I am so horrible about exercise that I feel like by joining, I am already setting myself up for failure. Exercise has never been my friend, and now that I have arthritis in my left ankle and right knee, it's even harder to do. But I hope this challenge keeps me accountable.

Will check in tomorrow and hopefully have positive answers to the questions!

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Tracie in WI
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Sunday, 9/27/2015

1. Did you exercise? Not formally, but went on a cleaning binge and got 5000+ steps in on my FitBit.
    2. What did you do and for how long? Cleaned bathroom, rearranged kitchen cupboards, scrubbed kitchen, moved unused kitchen items to basement and brought other things up in their place. (Still unpacking boxes from our move to this house.) Between 5 and 6 hours.
    3. Are you meeting your goals? It's my first day, but yes, I feel good about today because I hit the 5000 step mark, got items checked off my to-do list and did not sit around watching football on the couch all day!
    4. If you did not, what was your challenge for exercising today? I had hoped to get up early in the morning and take the dog for a walk, but that didn't happen. It is my goal to start doing that every morning though.
    5. (optional) How are you feeling? I feel good today. Hungry though. I didn't eat much because i was too busy. I do feel a little discouraged that I can eat so little and move so much and still feel bloated though.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Did T25 this week. Feel great. My goal is to finish beta on Fri.and start gamma.
  • SnowballsMom805
    SnowballsMom805 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I did exercise today, I did 50 minutes of spinning. I have been exercising for the past 6 days. My goal is to exercise at least a little everyday. I am feeling pretty good, still struggling with my depression but feeling much better.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Wednesday, 12/30/2015

1. Did you exercise? Not yet. I plan to go to gym tonight.
    2. What did you do and for how long? I plan to walk on the treadmill using the Fat Burning setting, or else ride stationary bike since I have a torn meniscus in my knee currently. Goal is 30 minutes of activity.
    3. Are you meeting your goals? I have not been. That is why I am pre-journaling. To try to keep myself accountable tonight.
    4. If you did not, what was your challenge for exercising today? I'm having difficulty getting myself to go to the gym. I've never been an "active" person. Motivation is lacking.
    5. (optional) How are you feeling? I feel lousy and depressed and just really down on myself today. I not only gained back the weight I HAD lost, but I'm up 2 lbs. I'm at one of my highest weights right now and it really has me feeling discouraged.

So...having said that, I'm going to try to keep myself held accountable by listing my goal for today ahead of time! :smile: