Sept 16-30

Options

Replies

• Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I am just giving up for September and looking forward to October.
    I cannot get a handle on this emotional, stressful eating.

Good luck to each of you!!
    Keep those streaks going in the GREEN direction.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Green: No - Traveling for work can be tough on a normal routine.
    Streak: 0/10
    Goal: 17/26
    Exercise: I did a slow hour long walk on the treadmill this evening. I felt obligated after what I ate.

Thanks @jenthibert for the anniversary shout out!
    @Rebamae I completely understand. This is the first time in a long time in which I won't reach my goal. I'll do what I can to prevent the bleeding for the month. I guess we'll chat next month!

• jenthibert
    jenthibert Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Goal 26 green days: 1 on 9/22
    Streak? 2
    Exercise goal 5 days: met week 1 & 2
    Week 3, no
    Week 4, S-yes, M-yes , T-rest

• Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    September 22 GREEN
    Count / Goal: 14/25
    Streak: 3/ 10
  • bbinoa
    bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    9-21 and 9-22 both green
    Total- 19/25

Howdy all! I've been MIA for a couple days (still logging) but just not posting here. I think this whole marathon training thing has just gotten me completely burnt out. I know I need to eat to fuel up for the long runs, and then eat to recover but it has me exhausted! And not just "I'm tired" but like every-cell-in-my-body-wants-a-nap exhausted. Which I guess is normal considering what I'm doing (and I'm not getting any younger!) LOL! I think I've been a real joy at work too. Woke up today though and felt amazing. I think the evening apt at the salon for a little pampering, refreshed color and cut, a glass of wine and some laughs w/my stylist helped a lot too.

Anyhoo...
    I went back and counted my red days this month and I'm doing (shockingly) better than I thought. I have been eating more towards maintenance since right now losing wt isn't a top priority.

Looking over our happenings and it looks like it's been a little rougher month for a lot of us! Lots of workouts w/big race deadlines coming up, emotional eating, work challenges. Good news is October is right around the corner. I'll still be a maniac (my race is Nov 8th) but I'm looking forward to a winter of lifting and doing 'normal' workouts again!!

• bbinoa
    Options
    Green, yes
    Total... 20/25.
  • jenthibert
    Options
    Goal 26 green days: 19 on 9/23
    Streak? 3
    Week 3, no
    Week 4, S-yes, M-yes , T-rest, W-yes
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    Green: Yes
    Streak: 1/10
    Goal: 18/26
    Exercise: It was an elliptical day today. I definitely do better throughout the day when I eat breakfast. Although I enjoy a smoothie, it's apparent I need to chew some calories along with that. :smile:

@bbinoa I am definitely looking forward to October. Training for the half marathon has been challenging enough for me. I can't imagine finding the hours to train for a full marathon. I'm so very proud of you!
    @jenthibert It looks like you'll meet that exercise goal this week. Go you!
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    September 23 GREEN
    Count / Goal: 15/25
    Streak: 4/ 10
  • bbinoa
    Options
    Green yes
    Total 21/25

@Laughter_Girl when is your half?? I'll be cheering you on remotely!! My training has been the bare minimum (seriously, following Galloway 's 'to finish' program). I do two 30 min walk/runs during the week plus the weekend long runs. It's really not too bad plus it gives me time to recover and still have a life, which is nice.
  • jenthibert
    Options
    Goal 26 green days: 20 on 9/23
    Streak? 4
    Week 3, no
    Week 4, S-yes, M-yes , T-rest, W-yes, Th-no

Today was an insane day. No exercise today but I surpassed my 10, 000 step daily goal by 2pm! Haven't stopped yet and tomorrow will be just like today.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    Streak: 2/10
    Goal: 19/26
    Exercise: I did a strength/circuit training workout today. I didn't feel like doing it, and it was much tougher than I wanted it to be, and I was glad when it was over. The important thing is that I actually did the workout. :D

@bbinoa My half is October 18th, and I feel like I'll be ready. My goal was to complete my training by the end of this month, and once I finish my long run this Sunday (aiming for 12.5 or so miles), I'll be set. I wanted to relax my body some a few weeks prior to the race, which is why I wanted to be done by September. I was loosely following the Galloway method as well. I liked his the best because I only had to run 3 times a week. I'm so lazy. Ha, ha, ha, ha. Definitely cheer me on for race day. I'll need all the support I can get. I may aim for a full marathon next year or the following, but for now, I'll stick to the half marathons.
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    18: ✔️, 19: ❌, 20: ❌, 21: ✔️, 22: ✔️ (a Chevy), 23: ✔️, 24: ✔️,
    Cycle miles: 57.76
    Streak: 3/10

Took Sweet Baby James to a tiddler swimming class again - poor thing had a very wobbly bottom lip because the water was cold. He didn't want to leave the pool though.

exercise.png
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    Streak: 3/10
    Goal: 20/26
    Exercise: I enjoyed a nice light run today.

@k80flec I don't blame Sweet Baby James about that cold water. I'm sure I've had a wobbly lip a time or two myself. :) Glad he finally enjoyed it/warmed up.
  • jenthibert
    Options
    Goal 26 green days: 21 on 9/24
    Streak? 5
    Week 3, no
    Week 4, S-yes, M-yes , T-rest, W-yes, Th-no, F-no

As expected, today was just as crazy as yesterday. I'm exhausted.
  • R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    I don't even know where the days have gone....

9/15: green
    9/16: chevy green
    9/17: chevy green
    9/18: green
    9/19: chevy green
    9/20: chevy green
    9/21: GREEN
    9/22: chevy green
    9/23: green
    9/24: green 17 day streak / 20 total
    9/25: red
    9/26: green 21 total
  • jenthibert
    Options
    I've lost track of just about everything in my life over the last week, including my stats here. But I'm logging!

I think to finish out the month I'll just post red or green and whether I exercised or not just to keep it simple and still be accountable.

So today, the 27th, was green and I walked 11 miles.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    9.26 & 9.27
    Green: Yes & Yes
    Streak: 5/10
    Goal: 22/26
    Exercise: Yesterday I did an hour long walk and today I did a 12.5 mile run. Today was my last long running day until my half marathon in 3 weeks, and boy am I glad about that. I am hoping the adrenaline will keep me going on race day because I notice I start losing steam between miles 10 and 11. I'll just do some light 3 mile runs from now until the big race. I'm really looking forward to dining at my favorite Mexican restaurant following my half marathon. That's my reward for all my hard work. I literally run for food. Ha, ha, ha. Those tortilla chips and salsa won't have a fighting chance that day. :D
  • bbinoa
    Options
    I have been having MFP issues! I normally log in on the app from my phone, but for whatever reason, all the discussions in the group disappeared :( As a rule, I generally don't go near a computer when I'm not at work so haven't been able to log in and check things here. They're still missing from the app (I'm on a computer now). Although on the plus side I can see everyone's profile pics better (cute dog @R_Queenie !)

I've also kind of lost track of (and momentum for) some accurate logging. Boo! I think my last few were red, green, red. Good thing we've got a new month coming up soon! October is my last month of marathon training (yikes!). I did 6 miles this weekend. Next week is 17, then another low one, followed by 20. Marathon date is 11/8. Not much longer!

@Laughter_Girl You will rock the half! I know it!! You need a couple weeks of reduced miles before a race like that. Stay hydrated and think positive thoughts!
    @jenthibert I'm expecting awesome stories of your marathon walk!! Not much longer for you either. Woop woop!
    @k80flec awwww, I bet that water was chilly for your grandson, but at least he warmed up and had a good time! Is he swimming on his own??
  • bbinoa
    Options
    Today was green!
    Can't remember my goal, starting over next month :p