Share your favorite recipe or recipe website!

Sometimes I feel like I'm making the same 5 dinners over and over and I would love to hear from you Trolls about your favorite recipes! Normally I'd browse Pinterest to get inspiration, but as fall arrives, it seems like Pinterest is filled with desserts and comfort foods :'(

My current favorite website is "I Breathe, I'm Hungry" which has low carb, gluten free recipes. I have made several of her recipes and almost all of them were a smashing success! I'm not on a full keto diet, but have been trying to lower my carb limit and I love to look at her Weekly Keto meal plans to get ideas how to stay low carb. Plus her meal plans even include a grocery list, super cool. Some meals I recommend are the Cream Cheese Pancakes, the delicious Salted Caramel Egg Custard (this can be a versatile recipe. If you can't find caramel extract, steep your water with chai tea or add fresh berries!), and the coup de grâce, Pepperoni Pizza Cauliflower Casserole. All 3 have been given the thumbs-up by my super picky eater SO (in fact, he ate all the pizza leftovers before I had a chance! Booger)

What are your favorites and why? :)

Replies

• I like the crock pot salsa chicken recipe! It is super simple and really tasty!!

Here is the link but I can't do the fancy thing that Panda does where the link is in the words all fancy like...

http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/2-ingredient-slow-cooker-salsa-chicken-recipe/
  • FatandSadPanda
    FatandSadPanda Posts: 4 Member
    edited September 2015
    Oh, I love crock pot recipes! They greatly appeal to my laziness <3

As for the links, on the little bar above where you type, there's an icon that looks like two iron links together. You put your URL in the box after clicking that. When you press ok, your text box will have [.url="(URL link)"] (Space to type your title) [/url.]. Minus the periods I put in the url brackets.
  • LindyP2
    LindyP2 Posts: 7 Member
    I love Budget Bytes, even when I don't have to stick to a strict budget. Lots of ideas and lots of Sriracha. Haven't really compared it with what I can eat on my new lifestyle change, but it used to be a go to for me.

Hmmm...maybe I'll start looking around there.
  • eraticschematic
    eraticschematic Posts: 1 Member
    I love Shakshouka, which are eggs poached in tomato sauce. If I'm feeling lazy, I use store bought veggie primavera sauce. Dump your sauce in a pan, bring it to a simmer, crack in some eggs and cover until eggs are as firm as you like. I normally serve it over some wilted spinach or roasted veggies. If I have room in my own budget that day a little fresh mozzarella takes it from good to amazing. The entire meal takes about twenty minutes from start to finish.

On bad days, it's hot and filling and calorically cheap. On good days, it's still delicious and easy to whip up.