Gentle Workout Suggestion

Options
Zanna857
Zanna857 Posts: 11 Member
Many of these techniques I learned while in physical therapy. For some of it your only using your own body as resistance band (this is great) or even a bottle of water if your up to it.

I start my morning with stretching, or I won't make it through the day. I can't get down on the floor with any assurance that I'm going to get back up so, I avoid that by laying in bed. Yes! I lay in bed, my Dr. Is not fond of

So here are the moves:
Leg lifts; lay flat on back and lift leg strait up, as far as you can while pointing your toe strait up to the ceiling. (this is a good core muscle move ment so tighten those abs.) I do this for about 3 sets of 10 on ea leg.

Broken Sisers; while flat on back bend one knee, left one leg up to a comfortable 1to2 feet from floor and move leg out to side as far as is comfortable. I do this for 2 sets of 10 on ea leg. (core abs and thigh)

Wig-wags; flat on back knees bent and(while keeping legs together) gently rock legs from right side to left side going as far as you feel comfortable going. Right side, left side, one, up to a count of 30 for me. (funny name but great to de-pressurize the lower back)

*With Resistance Band*
+++With Your Resistance Band-( use sitting or standing for streching and strength training). Put a knot in the middle of band. Then close it the top of the door frame, making sure the knot is on the outside of the door, and is securly closed and end up with two strechy ends. You can sit as long as the top of the band is above your head and the ends rest at your chest height.

Pull Downs w/ resistance bands; firmly grasp one end in each hand and plant your feet about soulder width apart.your going to pull down as far as you feel comfortable. 2 sets of 10 or 15 work well depending on your level.

Pull Out; everything as before with your resistance band, your going to grasp from chest height, and pull straight out. Use your core muscles for balance. And your pectoral and tricept muscles are working here but because your not using weight just resistence your much less likley to pull muscles and injure youself. Still know your limits and be awaire that its not worth the agony.

Core Circles; using your band attached to the door, hold ends in your hands making fists. Bend your elbows to (about mid chest level) take a step back so that there is no slack in the band. Now, with your two hands held together in fists with your bands your going to draw small to medium circles in the air, that are parallel to the ground. This will make the bands hard to pull then easier then hard again. Do this 20 times facing the door, 20 facing the right, and 20 facing the left. Good for sholder and neck tenchion.

Fly-fishing w/ Band; standing infront of the door as before, with you bands in hands as before. Your going to pull the band both hands together, to one sholder at a time. Pulling the band about the height of your ear. Again this is good core movement and good for the flab the develops under arms.

That's just a few for now ill share some sitting next chance I get!
By the way you can find the Resistance Band at any walmart or sams club, they are also found where you can find exercise balls,.small weights, and medicine balls.

Don't forget to help yyour body with ice on joints and muscles for no more than 20 minutes right after your work out if your prone to inflamation. Follow with heat to increase blood flow and heal any problems that could be there. :) At least for the first few times you do your regiment of exercise so your body can adjust.
Happy Moving!

Replies

• HisangelG
    HisangelG Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Just came back after long absence, thank you for this. It will help me to get stsrtedvwith a fitness routine.