Same Breakfast, Different Day

Options
shandyw
shandyw Posts: 25 Member
What do you usually have for breakfast? I typically eat oatmeal, Greek yogurt and fruit, egg white & veggie omelet or a sandwich (turkey sausage, egg white and cheese). I need some suggestions for breakfast. Hearing from others opens your mind and palate to foods, combinations and ideas you may have not considered. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    My breakfast is pretty basic but I don't mind. I have one of the following combinations for breakfast:

Turkey bacon and scrambled eggs (no cheese)
    Veggie omelet
    Grits & a fruit cup
    Cheerios (w/2% milk)
    Wheat toast and an egg
  • arlenejoneswilson
    Options
    Ii think the key is finding 2-3 things you can eat consistently for breakfast, that takes you out of the world most of us grew up with:

a. Big Bowl of Cerael
    b. Big Plate of Grits
    c. Big plate of fried meat/eggs/bread.

Wrap your mind around a very different take on breakfast being necesary for weight loss and improved health:

a. yogurt [Greek is best]
    b. fruit/vegetables
    c. whole grain breads [small portions]
    d. whole grain ceraels [small portions]

I am also a big fan of the 300 Calorie Breakfast Rule [for any regular day...
  • redzgal
    redzgal Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I eat what I call a protein oatmeal a lot, which I love. I put in a scoop of oatmeal after it's cooked and I add 2 tbsp of evaporated milk and 1/4 cup pecans...my favorite sweetened with Splenda...comes in around 350 calories. Or I also eat grits and eggs A LOT!! That comes in around 400. Sometimes I do Special K cereal and almond milk and some fruit.

I don't mind my breakfast being the same..just like to change up dinner. :)
  • 2CABetterMe
    2CABetterMe Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I usually alternate between having a green smoothie and yogurt and fruit for breakfast. On Saturdays I treat myself to a big breakfast of bacon, eggs and grits.
  • fedgal
    fedgal Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    A. 1/2 cup Grapenuts with .5 oz. raisins and 4 oz. fat free milk, 8 oz. light orange juice (Trop 50) and 1 cup coffee with 1 T. fat free milk

B. 4 oz. Del Monte 50-calorie mixed fruit or diced peaches; 1.5 oz. pistachio nuts

C. 1 pkg. blueberry and cream instant oatmeal and 2 oz. turkey pastrami
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    My normal breakfast is scrambled eggs - 1 whole egg 2 egg whites, some sort of fruit and coffee. The eggs I eat at home and the fruit and coffee at work since I try and walk at least 2 miles if not the whole 3+ miles to work.

Weekends used to be for bacon and french toast but lately I have been trying to have omelettes with veggies and cheese and no bacon :sad: Not sure why, I just stopped buying bacon!
  • 2CABetterMe
    2CABetterMe Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    This past weekend I was introduced to the Po Folks Turkey Sausage patties like their pork sausage patties and I must admit the taste was dead one! Wouldn't have known the difference had I not looked at the package!
  • carolinagirl919
    carolinagirl919 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My breakfasts are usually pretty simple:

•Multi-grain Cheerios with skim milk and an apple

•Special K Vanilla Almond with skim milk and an apple

•Low fat vanilla Greek yogurt with berries and granola

*2 strips of thick cut bacon, a small bowl of grits, one buttermilk biscuit (usually on Saturday only)

I can't eat eggs so my breakfasts are sometimes a little low on the protein side.
  • qtqueen15
    qtqueen15 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Mine is boring. Just a Atkins shake.
  • techieflowerchild
    Options
    1/2 cup of steel cut oats with lain OR
    1/2 cup of low fat cortège cheese OR
    1 cup of plain nonfat Greek yogurt OR
    1 poached egg with 4oz of chicken breast.....for when I am really hungry
  • charlottia28
    charlottia28 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    shandyw wrote: »
    What do you usually have for breakfast? I typically eat oatmeal, Greek yogurt and fruit, egg white & veggie omelet or a sandwich (turkey sausage, egg white and cheese). I need some suggestions for breakfast. Hearing from others opens your mind and palate to foods, combinations and ideas you may have not considered. Thanks in advance.

• charlottia28
    charlottia28 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Mines is boring.com

Usually i would have fruit and a low fat yogurt r

2 oz Granola cereal and 4 oz milk
  • Mslinda52
    Mslinda52 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    one banana, coffee with equal and a little cream, 2 microwave scrambled eggs with a dash of 2% milk on most days
  • brownshuga30
    brownshuga30 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is usually oatmeal with a banana on the side.
    2 boiled eggs w/1 serving on breakfast sausages or 2 strip of bacon. Sometimes I add 1 slice whole wheat toast and a cup of coffee or tea.