Support Group

Options
Moni005
Moni005 Posts: 8 Member
Hello,

I am starting the guides ( on week 2 of the pretraining) and would love to connect with anyone who is also doing them. I'm looking to change my lifestyle, my body and my mind and having a group of people with the same goals who can support each other would be great. Anyone up for this?

Replies

• niyatileo93
    niyatileo93 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm on pre training week 1. I had started the guides about 2 weeks ago, but didn't do them faithfully, so I decided to start over. I'm on pre training week 1 again from tomorrow.

How is it going for u so far?

By the way, can u recommend any Liss exercises apart from walking? I find it boring and actually don't have time or place for a walk in my college.
  • niyatileo93
    Options
    And can I add u as a friend?
  • Moni005
    Options
    You can totally add me as a friend! I'm a runner so I run a lot as my LISS but biking is a good alternative as is swimming. I can't stand the elliptical but I know people like that. I'm starting week 3 pre training tomorrow. I'm really liking it so far, I like the workouts but I have a hard time with food, I think if I can get control of that it will make a huge difference. Let me know how it goes now that you are starting over!
  • niyatileo93
    Options
    I'm not much of an exercise person at all. I really struggle with stamina. I'm actually pretty unfit, more than fat. I read on the net that Zumba is also an Liss exercise. I like dancing, so I'm thinking I ll try that for the Liss workouts. It's my pre training week 1 day 1 today! Yayy.

P.s. Thanks for adding me!

Where are u from, if u don't mind me asking?
  • kar_yne08
    kar_yne08 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey girls - feel free to add me as well. I am on week 4 of the guide. I've had to put some days on hold because of reoccurring knee pain but i'm back at it now. I too have a hard time with the LISS - I find it soo boring to just walk on a treadmill. I tried working in a kickboxing class last week (probably not really LISS). Perhaps I'll get my bike fixed and go for a bike ride. Best of luck to your girls.
  • Moni005
    Options
    Hi girls, I find LISS prob to be the easiest but it's because I like running, not that that has helped me with the guides!!! I'm on week 4 of the pre training and I'm still really liking it so that's good. I'm living in Detroit right now, what about you guys? Are you on Instagram? I stated an account to try and up my accountability it's notwishingjustworking in case you girls want to follow! Kar I hope your knee is feeling better!!! My name is Monica btw. Happy to have connected with you guys, it's good to have people to talk to
  • MichelleMyBelle86
    MichelleMyBelle86 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I haven't actually stared the guides yet so I hope you don't mind me posting here?
    Anyway my question is, if I buy the guides what can I expect - do I need to go out and buy any exercise equipment such as weights or kettlebells? I don't mind if I need to, just need to calculate the cost of it all as the guides aren't cheap!
  • Moni005
    Options
    Hi Michelle,

I bought a jump rope (though you really don't need one you can mimic the jumping) and I already had 8 pound weights at home. Other than that you really don't need much. I'm actually (to my surprise) doing the workouts at my gym, I just go into the studio when there aren't any classes and it's great bc they have everything but when I'm home I use a chair as a bench. You can def get away with not buying any equipment just get creative with substitutions. Fill two gallons with water if you don't want to buy weights, though marshals has really cheap stuff I got my jump rope for 3 bucks. I looked at it this way, considering the guide was around 75 bucks for really 16 weeks of training ( 4 weeks of pre-training and 12 weeks of reg training) it comes out to about 5 bucks a week. I don't know about your gym but in Michigan it's about 80 bucks for one personal training session and the guides so far I feel have provided me with better workouts. I now wish I would have purchased them a year ago when I started following her on Instagram. I hope this helps and feel free to post on here any time! Keep in mind this is just my opinion the other girls might have different thought on it. Good luck, let us know what you do!
  • kar_yne08
    kar_yne08 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies - how's everyone's BBG journey going?! We need to get this group being more active!! I just started an intagram account to keep me more accountable with the program - feel free to follow me kar.bbgandmfp
    I started the guide back in September and technically I should be nearing the end of week 8 - but I really wasn't being very consistent. I'm on week 5 as of right now and have recommitted to the workouts. I still can't for the life of me do a proper push up - I WILL get there! Best of luck ladies.
  • Moni005
    Options
    Hey! Glad to see a post, I also started an insta account, it's notwishingjustworking I'll add you now. I tried to find you but couldn't are you sure that's your name? Can you try finding me? I had a setback last week and should be on week 3 but since I missed week 2 I think I might just start over, though I didn't miss a single day of the 4 pre training weeks so I prob could just do week 2 today but I want to really do it so I think I'll go back to week 1 and try to not miss again. How are you guys doing? Let's be each other's support!!!
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to start round 1 in November after my uni exams. Feel free to add me if you want to help support each other :)
  • Moni005
    Options
    Welcome! I'll add you and hopefully the group will get more active. I met a girl at my gym a few weeks ago who asked me what I was going when she saw me working out, I told her about Kayla and she bought the guides too so now we are going to try and meet up to do the full body days! It's nice bc I don't know anyone else doing bbg here in Detroit so it will be nice to have that support too. How are you guys doing???
  • PyuJhu
    PyuJhu Posts: 4 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Yes! an active group I am on here as well and starting on week 1 well coming to an end.
    Hello everyone I am starting my BBG well I am on pre week 1 and its coming to a close and I am going full force who ever wants to join me feel free.

My goal is to lose weight lots of it. I am just going to be eating good and letting go of some bad habits with junk food.
    I want to lose 15 pounds atm and increase my fitness.
  • michelleann00
    michelleann00 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. So I purchased the bbg1 guide a few months ago and have started then stopped a couple of times:/ I find it really hard to consistently stay on track but when I see her success stories on Instagram, I get inspired. So, I've decided to 100% commit fully to the whole 12 week program starting Monday 11/9. I will be doing my workouts from home as I cannot afford both a gym membership and my yoga studio membership (hot yoga addict but DAMN, it's so expensive!). And mostly running as my LISS, some yoga as well. I'm getting MUCH better with what I'm eating, especially now that I follow a mostly vegan diet. Both "Thug Kitchen" cookbook and "Oh She Glows") cookbook & website are amazing. Simple, delicious recipes that don't take 3 hours to make. I'm like looking to lose 40lbs by April 2016 as my bff's wedding is in Mexico and I'd die if I had to but on a bikini right now. As they say, beach bodies are made in the winter! I started a Instagram page to chronicle my journey and to get support from other bbg babes. Feel free to add me: michellemybelle_mpls. Here we go!!!
  • Moni005
    Options
    Hi Michelle!

We have similar goals so I added you. I surprisingly have been consistent (4 weeks of pretrainig) and now I'm on week 3 so I'm hoping I can keep that going. I'll look for you on Instagram my account is notwishingjustworking. Welcome to the group!