Night Shift Workers

Options
chervil6
chervil6 Posts: 236 Member
Hi all , are there any night shift workers on this site ???? i work 3 nights a week and am so tired all the time , im trying to lose 3 stone's but finding it hard going because apart from riding my bike to work and back i have no energy to work out ........

Replies

• Smiler106
    Smiler106 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I work nights but my schedule is much different from yours. I work 12 hour night shifts 7 days a week for 3 weeks at a time, and then have roughly equal time off (I work ad hoc). I have chance to get my body properly adjusted to nights, and work out before my shift every other day. I'm not sure how I would manage to find the energy if I was working 3 nights a week and fighting my body clock all the time.
  • chervil6
    Options
    hiya .. its really hard work , because im awake when everyone wants to sleep , so i cant exercise , cos im a tad noisey ....... and my weight is stuck as well , only lost 2lb in nearly 4 wks , and i being really good with my food , just the odd slip every now and again , so it cant be that .... its probably cos im 50 , they say it gets harderfor women then ... i always found it easy to lose weight b4
  • squishy82
    squishy82 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    heya, i work nights, i do 3 week rotating shift pattern so every 3rd i work 11pm to 7am. i agree on the night shift i find it hard to work out and trying to eat regular meals is a nightmare. just do what you can something is better than nothing.
  • chervil6
    Options
    well i ride my bike to work and back , and go on the rowing machine , not everyday tho , although i suppose i should ............
    i'll just keep at it , will come off in the end i suppose

and thanks to u both for replying x
  • fitforlifeee
    Options
    I'm sometimes on nights and do 3 in a row. I find that I'm too tired to do any intense exercise ie. gym so I just go for a walk.
  • Sweatinglikeapigtolooklikeafox
    Options
    Hey,
    I work 3 nights almost every other week with day shifts in between.
    Find it very hard not to stuff my face but getting better.
    Feel free to add me
  • lyndapage74
    lyndapage74 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am EXACTLY same!! I work 3 nights because of having 2 young children. Not doing too badly with losing at the mo. I know what you mean about feeling tired though. I take multivitamins too. Feel free to add me ☺