10/3 Day 219 Saturday

Options
Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
There are lots of ways to ditch the chair and “Get Off My *kitten*”(GOMA). Some of the most popular actions are listed here: http://www.quittingthesitting.com/how-to-goma.html Which do you think would work for you?

Alternative Challenge:

Walk while you talk on the phone.

Replies

• Kadi82
    Kadi82 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Today I have stood while watching tv. Its the grand final today so I've made an effort to not sit so much.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I'm looking forward to hearing your ideas for sitting less. And great job Kadi82 sitting less while watching TV!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,886 Member
    Options
    Dancing is the best! I got into English Country Dancing as a way to hang out with my sister that wasn't meeting for lunch. It was based on our love of reading Jane Austen's novels (a sedentary activity - or so I thought at the time). Now I'm addicted to dancing. I'm going to a ball tonight - but first I must stock up on veggies at the Farmers' Market (also a good way to GOMA). :)
  • truelypinkthing
    truelypinkthing Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Dancing while kneading bread, taking the stairs not the lift, trying to do squats while I cleaned my teeth!
  • mjks_mom
    mjks_mom Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I helped my best friend move today. From one second story apartment to another second story apartment that was a block from the parking area. I am exhausted. My knees and back hurt. But I wasn't sedentary
  • chaugen1943
    chaugen1943 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    another way to up the walking, I have decided to go up and down my stairs 4 or 5 times in the morning before lunch. Also,to take stairs instead of the elevator.
  • SnuggiePeaches
    SnuggiePeaches Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I did step touches while standing and folding my laundry.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Lots of moving today! Great job!
  • connieannw
    connieannw Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I was standing for quite a while baking cookies and making a scrumptious wonderful dinner!