Day 1

Options
aealtstatt
aealtstatt Posts: 4 Member
So while I started this yesterday, today's the first full day.

At breakfast this morning, I realized I'll consider breakfast just fundamentally different. I'm breaking my fast so, of course, I'm hungry. Eggs, bacon, OJ, and a medium Starbucks latte. I was in a hotel, on a work trip, so it's not what I eat at home at all. I don't go overboard at breakfast but even if I do, I have the rest of the day to be mindful.

Lunch was a literal run between gates at the airport so I got snacks at the first airport knowing I wouldn't have time to sit and eat.GSO is no MSP, so no truly healthy snacks were available. I got to nibble on one on the next flight (as I cooled down from my three-terminal run). Here I realized I have a hard time distinguishing actual hunger from just "feel like eating". So I resisted eating if I didn't think I was actually hungry. It's funny when you eat on a schedule you don't listen for body signals, you just eat because it's time to eat.

Habits, then, will need to be considered as I continue this "mindful eating" path.

Replies

• gdb86
    gdb86 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've learned over the years that mindful eating is the way to conquer control over food once and for all (for those of us who need it) and I love how you've structured your goals. Kudos to taking a realistic challenging approach to treating your body the way we're meant to. I always say you should do what's right, not what's easy. Hope your last few days have been mindful! Feel free to share more and I'll try to do the same
  • Mindfullyjo
    Mindfullyjo Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I would love to know how members here are getting on with mindful eating. This is the approach I'm taking as part of my efforts to generally be more mindful in life!
  • EmmieDan
    EmmieDan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm very interested in mindful eating--hope it's not too late to join this group!