10/4 Day 220 Sunday

Options
Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
The main goal of the Sit Less Boot Camp Challenge is to help us quit sitting so much and move more. Since we want to be sitting less long after the challenge has ended, it's important to find ways to sit less that work for us and fit into our lives. It can't be something you hate doing or you won't stick with it. It's also important not to try and change too many things at once and make the whole process overwhelmingly hard. Today's challenge is to read this blog post: http://www.quittingthesitting.com/simple-plan-to-sit-less and select the one action you will prioritize this month. What's your “One Thing?”:

Alternative Challenge:

When the weather is nice go out for at least a 30 minute walk.

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    My one thing that I'm going to focus on this month is standing up to proofread an email before I hit the "send" button. I've been doing this a lot more recently, but not every time I proofread an email. (Like most people, I send a lot of emails at work). I want to make this a habit that I do with every email, because that will get me standing up a lot at work!

Looking forward to hearing about your "One Thing"
  • bochens1953
    bochens1953 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Today I vow to do ten minutes of weight training
  • freetobeme3
    freetobeme3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I vow to get on my Gazelle during commercials when watching tv
  • truelypinkthing
    truelypinkthing Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm going for a walk ever lunchtime, with a colleague if I can, or alone. And I've got the 7 app on my iPad, I'm going to do 7 minutes every day.
  • Butterf1y_Effect
    Butterf1y_Effect Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm going to stand up while logging my food.
  • chaugen1943
    chaugen1943 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of a 20-30 min.walk. I will walk with my little cat who is so sweet.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I am going to take time to take a short walk every time I work. I won't wait to find the time, I will make the time.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,850 Member
    Options
    My one thing will be when I'm grading student papers, I'm going to try to be inefficient. I'll intentionally keep the stapler across the room, so I'll need to get up as I finish each student's paper to attach the grade sheet. Over my years of teaching, I've trained myself to be efficient about grading. Now, I'll work on undoing that efficiency. :)
  • Auna37
    Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I am going to pick up my second thing. My first thing is to stand while I paint and the like. I am going to continue to explore the alternative challenges an pick up the ones that I like best to do!
  • connieannw
    connieannw Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Going to continue the standing at the desk while working. If I'm typing I'm standing and I do a lot of typing throughout the day!
  • Kadi82
    Kadi82 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    We went to the markets to buy our fresh fruit and veg
  • mjks_mom
    mjks_mom Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I didn't post yesterday ( Sunday). But my alternative was I went to state fair and walked around with my son for four hours. Definitely out of my sedentary comfort zone.