10/5 Day 221 Monday

Options
Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
Using the input form on this page: http://www.quittingthesitting.com/act-now.html spell out your sitting reduction plan. Specify your top priority for sitting less (your “One Thing”) as well as any other actions you'll be taking to sit less. Fill out and submit the form.

Please Note: By selecting “MFP Sit Less Boot Camp Challenge” from the pull-down list of Organizational Challenges on the Act Now page, your pledged reduction to sit less will be added to our group's total, and this count will be shared with Auna so that she can let everyone in the group know the total number of sitting hours eliminated by Moving in May Challenge takers! No individual or identifying information will be shared, just the group's total reduction in sitting hours.

Alternative Challenge:

Try out an active hobby. Like a sport such as soccer and the like or ping pong. You can also start training for marathons and the like!

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Oops...my mistake. We should have said that submitting the form allows us to track the total number of sitting hours eliminated by Sit Less Boot Camp participants. (Movin in May was our May challenge).

In any event, we hope you'll take the step of submitting the form. Not only does it help us track our collective impact, but social scientists have found that making a plan and a pledge to yourself to make a change like sitting less increases the likelihood that you'll be successful. So please create your own plan!
  • elizabethymartin
    elizabethymartin Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Standing while I fold laundry and my new stair rule, if I go up them I can go back down em once more. My laundry is in basement so that's an extra cpl flights a day
  • connieannw
    connieannw Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Going to start timing my standing/walking times so I can give you a true number of how I'm GOMA
  • mjks_mom
    mjks_mom Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Done. Hour less fb/phone time daily. Filled out form
  • aksunrae
    aksunrae Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just joined you all today! Filled out the form....so excited for the challenges
  • themedalist
    Options
    Wow...impressive commitments!! There will be a lot less sitting going on in October, that's for sure!
  • truelypinkthing
    truelypinkthing Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Fill the form, moved more at school, tried last night, failed, will try again tonight....back on that bucking horse!
  • themedalist
    Options
    It is a process, isn't it? That's why Auna and I believe a month long challenge like this where people who want to sit less come together to support each other. Most of us are now aware of the public health messaging to sit less. But chairs are EVERYWHERE and much of our society revolves around sitting. If it were easy to "sit less" we'd all be doing it.

Happily, by spending a few weeks focused on sitting less and thinking about workable ways we can sit less in our lives, we CAN make progress...lasting, sustainable progress that will result in us sitting less long after the month is over.
  • RachelX04
    RachelX04 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I started running at lunch time and when I take my kids to sports Instead of spending the time sitting and watching them play I walk around the school or field with my other children or take them to the playground and play.
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    i think i might try this when i go back to work but i just had an iud put in so im really sore and all i want to do is lay in bed sadly i guess ill take a walk before or after dinner depending on when its made a lot of times its not till like 9 oclock (i dont make it) so im not sure if its safe to walk after that time but im gonna try. on top of it i have a knee injury that im waiting on a brace for because not just standing but twisting and even some bending hurts(not anew injury but still causes issues)