1 yr post surgery and have growling sounds from stomach while eating

Options
lbrown1428
lbrown1428 Posts: 116 Member
I'm 1 yr post surgery and every time I eat anything my stomach makes the loudest sounds like as if it's growling. It drives me nuts because it makes it feel like I'm hungry even though I'm not and it's loud. Anyone else experience this?

Replies

• klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Yes!! My coworkers laugh at me all the time about it. It happens more with certain foods and drinks.
  • lbrown1428
    Options
    Okay well glad to hear others have it too. It bothers me with the fact it makes my stomach hurt a bit and feel as though it's hungry even though it's not.
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Mine doesn't hurt but it does get pretty loud at times and feels kind of strange. I can definitely feel hungry at times too. I had hoped I wouldn't but I do.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Mine does too, but more with higher carb foods. No pain, just kind of growl like noises.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Something I noticed at least some of the times it makes noise - your posture can have an effect . I tend to eat hunched over - it basically crimps my stomach. When I stand up or sit up, it uncrimps and the food moves in some. It also relieves heartburn since the food can move down some.

Try sitting up straighter while eating! It may or may not help, but certainly cant hurt :)
  • denicejo
    denicejo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My stomach has always made noises post surg. I've noticed that I feel and here a gurgle when I'm half full so I use it as a cue that I'm nearing my stopping point. The other noises it makes is when I've eaten WAY to fast or gulped liquids down. I warned my office mate from day one that I wasn't being rude, that my stomach just makes a lot of digestion noises depending on fast I ate. It's almost like a gurgeling bubble noise. It can be embarassing so I try to eat and drink as slow as possible.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I stomach is still incredibly noisy at nearly 4 years out. So loud that others hear it and sometimes comment. It's not hunger but more like noisy digestion as it's worse after eating than when actually hungry. lol
  • gardendoc
    gardendoc Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm right at 7 months out and I have the growling. I'm part of a team (actually I host the darn thing) that produces a weekly TV gardening show and when I'm in the studio recording audio my stomach noise will halt the process because the microphones pick it up, and we all burst into laughter.
  • lbrown1428
    Options
    Mine starts the second I swallow my first bite of food. I will try seeing if my posture affects it or not.
  • kcbhopkins
    kcbhopkins Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    All the time. My husband laughs and thinks it sounds like an alien. It drives me crazy.
  • ErinCoury
    ErinCoury Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Same here! I was just thinking about that today and was like what the heck is happening!
  • Athollass
    Athollass Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yes! I know there is no way I could be hungry but it starts gurgling. The other annoying "side effect" are the hiccups.