Best app

Options
kutegbabe
kutegbabe Posts: 2 Member
any1 knows the best app to use to store and monitor blood sugar.

It should be able to sync with jawbone UP, apple health kit, my fitness pal

Please let me know

Replies

• abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I use mysugr, but it doesn't sync with anything. There's spots in the app and website for me to transfer some basic stuff from MFP (exercise duration, basic food nutrients, what meal I'm eating). I found it to be an easy way for me to look at a very basic "big picture" of my diabetes control instead of trying to look at my pump data, MFP, and any memory of external factors that could have affected my BG.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I don't know about Jawbone UP or Apple, but MFP only has a daily BG tracking from what I can tell. Clearly designed for type 2's not on insulin... if an app actually synced BG's, which one would it use for the daily reading in MFP? Would it even be valuable information?
  • lourdesengel
    lourdesengel Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been using MyNetDiary for diabetics. It also syncs with my Fitbit. Good luck!
  • kiwieats
    kiwieats Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    In the UK here I use DAFNE app
  • DaDisplacedYooper
    Options
    It is sooo confusing what to use for logging BG, exercise, food and steps. It seems to me that many apps are good at one thing, and terribly lame at most others.

I recently switched to iPhone in anticipation of the Dexcom G5 communicating directly to the iPhone without the need to carry the receiver. You didn't mention whether you use continuous glucose monitoring so I am assuming you are looking for a way to log finger sticks. Anyway... I have the G5 now, and sends the individual 5 minute readings to Health on my iPhone 5S. I know you can hand log BG too. There were steps recorded in there from just walking with the iPhone. Now I have Garmin connect for the VivoFit 2. That data all funnels into Health. I didn't see my Jawbone Up move steps in there though. MyFitnessPal goes into Health. I discovered that the total carbs by meal go in separately. MFP does not give you a meal total for carbs, so that is nice too.

Sorry for rambling.

Bottom line--I am loving how you can stack everything up on the dashboard in Health and really get a good big picture.
  • rbakedq
    rbakedq Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    DaDisplacedYooper; I may be misunderstanding you, but if you turn your iPone to landscape mode you can see carbs by meal. You can also see carbs by meal on the Web.
  • OhThatBlonde
    OhThatBlonde Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi DaDisplacedYooper ~ how do you sync your fitbit with Health on your iPhone? I'd like to be able to do that too :) Sounds like you've got a great handle on using "Health" - guess I need to look closer at that app.