Struggling

Options
emmoen
emmoen Posts: 218 Member
Not really sure why either. I have been down lately. I haven't been eating the best or working out like I should and I know this is problem a big reason why I'm struggling and feeling icky but I keep allowing myself to make excuses. I don't have time. I am too tired. I need to clean the house. It's to hot. The gym is to crowded. I didn't sleep well last night.... On and on and on. I just can't get my mind into it. It's a vicious cycle.
Anyone else feel this way

Replies

• emmoen
    emmoen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Also been lazy and just don't want to fix food and I grab fast food instead which I know will not help at all with my weight loss
  • delano1972
    delano1972 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Agreed it is a vicious cycle...BUT, you have to suck it up and make a conscious decision to persevere. The fact that you are here admitting your struggles is a first step now take the second step and get your food prepped. Exercise will fall into place as well and you KNOW you will feel so much better once you get back on track. Good luck!!!
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Once you get into the cycle it is hard to get out. Wish it worked the other way around, once you exercise and eat good! I so understand and I am struggling also. But everyday is a new day and all I can do is try to get back to where I was
  • kaysday
    kaysday Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    The same thing I'm going through. We have to keep our eye on the prize. Let's do this!!! We can do it!!!
  • LadyScorpio67
    LadyScorpio67 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I am right now also. I know it's due to the shorter daylight hours and the colder weather rolling in. I usually become a hermit in the winter time and I've got to figure out how to get myself to push through it. I've been trying to find a gym to join, but they either want too much, have hours that don't mesh with mine, or aren't within reasonable distance.
  • sfinsc
    sfinsc Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have definitely had days/weeks/months like that, too! It's really hard because the brain is so great at making excuses and going for instant gratification versus long-term benefits. What works for me is making it hard for myself to easily gratify my unhealthy cravings (not keeping it in the house, for instance, or enrolling my husband's help in not letting me buy certain things at the grocery store).

Since diet is 80% of weight loss, that's what I focus my energies on. As for the exercise portion, I try not to make it feel like work. So on days where I feel especially lazy, I'll be okay with that and just take my daughter (she's six) with me for a walk so it feels more fun. That way I still get out and burn a bit, but it doesn't feel punitive.

I hope some of this helps! When you pull out of this, it'll help your mood and that'll help you stay on track better, too.
  • JLH024
    JLH024 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am a queen of excuses.. The best! But who pays for it in the end.. We do. So, have a cheat day, the best cheat day you can think of! Then that's it. Back to reality. Plan your meals so you're not tempted to grab fast food and as for exercise.. Start slow, go for walks, swim, bike ride..
    It'll happen, promise.
    I'm in a little rut as well.. Haven't lost any in two weeks while being pretty perfect with the diet, calories and exercising. I started a bootcamp and running so I'm hoping it's just my body adjusting!

Think positive! We can do this together!
  • shylady76
    shylady76 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I keep reaching for more food every night. Last two days I have been over in my calories. I figured at this stage of the game it would become easier but it hasn't.
  • harpstermelissa
    harpstermelissa Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Come on girl, you can do it! Just refocus and start slowly! Make one great decision each day and keep adding more and more. Just think of the great things that happen and how you feel when you eat right and workout!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!
    We have 11ish weeks left till Christmas!!!!
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    OK Peeps...enough of this allowing "excuses" to mess us over. It's time to take back control! Come on, we can do this!!