A message to all of you (and to me, too!)

Options
Thaeda
Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
edited October 2015 in Social Groups
You are whole, complete, and perfect just the way you are- right now. You do not need to do ANYTHING to make yourself "better" than you are in this moment. You are ENOUGH- right now. Lost 100 pounds? You are enough. Have 200 to lose? You are enough. Ate a whole bag of Oreos? You are enough. Snapped at your kids because they were making you late? You are enough.

You are not inherently flawed. You do not have something wrong with you that needs fixing. You are a joy and a delight. The light in you and the love that comes from you to those in your circle of influence both shine brightly every day. Every day you have a positive impact on someone else- even though you probably do not know it. Every day you are the reason someone else smiles (even if it is only because they are thinking of you and have not seen you in some time). Every day this world is a better place because YOU are in it.

I see so many posts and comments where folks are judging their worth for today based on eating/exercising. It is so easy in this journey of health and wellness and losing weight to forget that much of life is NOT about calories, scales, fat/carb/protein grams, or clothing sizes. It is not about how "good" or "bad" you have been in terms of eating/exercising.

I tend to be very goal oriented and I forget that I am a human BEING- not a human DOING. I am not "measured" based on some tally sheet of "successes" and "failures". I forget that I am (as we all are) connected to God/the Divine/Source (whatever you want to call it) at all times. And that connection has NOTHING to do with my weight.

I used to think that if I was not hard on myself I would "slack off" and not reach my goals. I am learning (slowly) that the exact opposite is true. it is only through kindness to and love of myself that I get anywhere. I do not have a prayer of losing weight and keeping it off if I am not 100% committed to loving myself. So here is what I am doing... every day at least 3 or 4 times per day I look into the mirror and I tell myself "I love you".(This is called "mirror work" and it is suggested by Louise Hay- one of the teachers I follow.) I know-- it sounds totally NUTS, right? But I am doing it. Early on, my inner critic was very quick to point out all that she thought was wrong with me. I must have had a dozen or more critical thoughts in the 20 or 30 seconds I spent in front of the mirror. But I kept doing it. I am on day 3 now and you know what? She is getting quieter....and I am getting bolder!

So, to all my VSG pals (and to me!)-- LOVE YOU--love who you are! I love you and you are deserving of every good thing Life can possibly offer-- just the way you are RIGHT NOW. Just because you are. Your existence is proof enough of your inestimable value without losing another ounce. Without dropping another size. Without ANY of it. Just you. Right now. LOVE!!!

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Boy, did I ever need this! Thank you so much, Thaeda!
  • Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful and extremely needed! Thank you so much!
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Seriously, though, that is one of the most inspirational things I have ever read, especially for us.

Thaeda, sharing your growth with us is truly a gift. You always give me things to think about that come from so far afield from where I am. My engineering mind will never start where you are, but I love getting a glimpse into your mind!

Thanks for being you!
  • Thaeda
    Options
    Y'all are welcome and Rob, your video made me LOL!!
  • readallday
    readallday Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Just what I needed this morning as I am trying to give myself a break for being MIA from my own journey. You are so insightful.
  • TN_Tinker
    TN_Tinker Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post! I too subscribe!
  • murphyraven
    murphyraven Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I needed to read this today. Thanks Thaeda!
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    WOW ... I, like everyone else, needed that. You are right!! I AM ENOUGH!!! I need to be grateful for ever single breath. THANK YOU!
  • Thaeda
    Options
    YAY!!! And you are welcome!!! :)
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    And I am in tears. What a timely and needed gift you have given us, Thaeda. I am enough.
  • nowucme
    nowucme Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thank you Thaeda. You always have such gems of wisdom
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • Thaeda
    Options
    :):):)
  • SUNKELLY
    SUNKELLY Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This is perfect!! :D
  • imboswell
    imboswell Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am going to print this out and put it on my mirror in the bathroom. I love this thank you Thaeda.
  • Thaeda
    Options
    So happy to know people are feelin' the LOVE!! YAY!!
  • denicejo
    denicejo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    How did you know that I need this pep-talk? Thank you!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome insight and so much what I needed to hear. As I continue to struggle with if I am done losing or not, do I accept what the PA told me about how I would be at goal if we took all the excess skin off, do I schedule the tummy reconstruction and be done with losing, this messages sooths my sense of "this is one more weight loss plan I gave up on!". Thank you so much for posting this!
  • Thaeda
    Options
    pawoodhull wrote: »
    Wow! Awesome insight and so much what I needed to hear. As I continue to struggle with if I am done losing or not, do I accept what the PA told me about how I would be at goal if we took all the excess skin off, do I schedule the tummy reconstruction and be done with losing, this messages sooths my sense of "this is one more weight loss plan I gave up on!". Thank you so much for posting this!

Pat- you are one of my VSG heroes! You have such commitment and determination. <3