My Fitness pal

Options
Hi Guys,
Has anyone connected garmin connect with myfitnesspal ? the exercise update from GC to MFP is not easy to understand, anyone else struggling ?

lewismarriott

Replies

• chrissy7223
    chrissy7223 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey there and welcome to the group. I only started this group yesterday so am hoping more Garmin users will catch on and join soon. I am all new to this and it is rather confusing and unsure how it all works. My GC has not been sincing with MFP for a couple days neither which does not help. Rather annoying, especially when you are still learning how it all works together.
  • TMacKtwenty4
    TMacKtwenty4 Posts: 3,256 Member
    Options
    Hi, I use both and it does seem to take a bit for the two to communicate. I usually sync with bluetooth to my smartphone instead of with the ANT usb and desktop. I sync the Vivofit with connect first, then open MFP to see the end result of calculated exercise calories earned.
  • yummykimmy
    yummykimmy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have noticed the same trouble between GC & MFP. It was working some time ago but recently they are just not communicating, I think I am still connected as you say it is rather hard to tell.
  • mistiwiedmann
    mistiwiedmann Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    hello everyone. I just started a new account on both mfp and garmin connect because I am finally going to get serious about this health thing. I need friends and motivation so don't be shy to add me here and there, both usernames are the same
  • ckfox95
    ckfox95 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have only had my VivoFit for about 2 weeks and am still struggling with my way around the CG board but feel free to add me too! I love seeing other's step counts and activities. Keeps me motivated! My user name is the same as here.
  • karolen
    karolen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello All -- I am joining a couple of groups and found one for Garmin. Pretty excited. My Garmin user is Karolen Hall, if you would like to add me to sync up through Garmin. Thanks and have a great day.
  • reenasp78
    reenasp78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've had my Vivofit for 2 weeks and I'm just getting the hang of it. Love it!
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Old discussion, but it does appear that Garmin Connect is syncing with MFP fine now. GC has a status page these days to let you know what is working (Or not):
    https://connect.garmin.com/en-US/status
  • shaworth750
    shaworth750 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    New to this got a vivofi2 for Christmas. My name on connect is quilterdar. Merry Christmas
  • LiftHeavyWeights
    LiftHeavyWeights Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    just got vivofit. Username on Garmin connect asFitasPossible
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    My GC name is plantgrrl. I'm having issues with GC and MFP sharing exercise cals and steps. :(
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I haven't bought one yet but I'm looking at the Vivosmart? Anyone have one that wants to chat me up about it?! Shoot me a message if so :)
  • Stroodle88
    Stroodle88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    plantgrrl wrote: »
    My GC name is plantgrrl. I'm having issues with GC and MFP sharing exercise cals and steps. :(

Here's what I've been doing with Garmin Connect, and this will work with any of the Garmin devices as long as you sync your Garmin device to a smartphone (I'm on iOS myself).

On my iPhone I have the MFP app installed and I have the Garmin Connect app installed. Once you're logged to the Garmin Connect app, you go to More --> Settings --> 3rd Party Apps and select MFP and setup the linkage between the two apps. Once that's done, you can do all the data entry in the MFP app and you'll see the changes reflected in GC. Even though the link's setup, the entries you make in MFP may not show up right away if you decide to check in GC.

Hope that helps -- let me know if I'm not understanding the problem correctly.
  • threegoldensmom
    threegoldensmom Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I can sync from GC....MFP info comes over to GC.......BUT I can't see GC info on MFP!!!! Any clues?