Weight gain after initial loss

Options
HI All,

On 3/28/14 I had weight loss surgery (sleeve). I have done pretty well going from 235lbs and size 18 to 155lbs and size 8. But since then, I have put on 10 lbs. now a size 10.

Many people have said that I look better, not drawn. Has this happened to any of you? I am not letting it get any higher and hope to bring it back down to 160 (my best weight for me).

My psych had told me to lose more weight (as a buffer) which brought me to the 155. He said that normally people do put on some weight.

I think I am so obsessed with not getting to where I was - in fact I am petrified of it.

Thanks.

Replies

• Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Yes-- that is scary, isn't it? Spent so much time and effort to get to a goal, and then see it slipping away (and if you are like me, I gained and lost and regained over and over and over again pre-surgery, making the fear even worse because historically, it is what alway happened). I have battled fear of regain. I didn't like it, so I let it go. I know how I need to eat and how much I need to move/exercise to feel good. When I do not eat the way my body prefers and do not get enough movement, I do not feel good. My life today is about feeling good- not about how much I weigh. What we focus our attention on, is what we get. If I focus on regain, I will get regain (even if I am only focusing on it because I am afraid of it happening). If I focus on health and being good to me, I will get that, too. Be good to you. :)<3
  • capecodgirl50
    capecodgirl50 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I guess that is why we still see our Psychs. I will be seeing him and my surgeon and nut next week. It is so frustrating. But so worth not regaining.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I was told that most people bounce up about 10 pounds when they go into maintenance. No personal experience here, just relaying what I was told. I have a local friend who was sleeved and she did this. She looks so much better with that 10 pounds, and she told me she could not sustain that lower weight, but is sustaining where she's at easily. I'm kind of expecting that to be the case when I finally make maintenance.
  • capecodgirl50
    capecodgirl50 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    10 pounds does make me look better in the face - but it does jump up my size from 8 to 10. I'm just grateful that I was able to lose the weight and be healthy.