What Am I Doing Wrong?

Options
bdawnb
bdawnb Posts: 2 Member
I just got my Shine yesterday. I have it set up, I chose cycling, tapped it before starting my ride, rode 13.62 miles, synced and it only showed 2.53 miles. What did I do wrong? I was wearing it on my shoe. The only thing I can think of is that I forgot I would need to wear it on my shoe and forgot the little loop thing so I threaded the wrist band through my laces so it wouldn't flop around.

Thanks! dawn

Replies

• kwalser924
    kwalser924 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Did you tell the app what activity you are doing before your ride? I haven't tried mine during any intense work outs yet (I have only gone on walks with it) but I noticed a few times I did not get the reading I should on my walks and I think it helps when you tell the app what activity you're doing! If you just go to devices and clock the button command button you can pick an activity!

Hope that helps!
  • groodlesuk
    groodlesuk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure that the Shine can predict distance travelled on a Bicycle. Realistically, it has no idea what bike you're using, what gear you selected or if you're going up/downhill.

All it knows is motion of the point of your body which you attached it to. My guess is that it's translated that motion in to "steps" and calculated that as distance instead.

What points value did your Shine assign you after your activity?