Getting more involved

Options
stormytea
stormytea Posts: 13 Member
Hi ladies,
I have been on a weight loss journey for a little over a year now, I have lost about 40 lbs (heaviest 225, now I am hovering around 185). I work out and do yoga several times a week, and I eat mostly paleo. I would like to add some friends here on My Fitness Pal, because I feel like I am starting to lose some momentum and I need something new to keep me going. I am 6'0 and I know that being tall and losing weight is sort of a unique thing, because my goal weight is going to be a lot higher than someone petite. Anyway, I'd definitely like to add some friends on here!

Replies

• Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Great job on the weight you've lost already! Thats a huge accomplishment! I'm 5'11" and love having other tall ladies as friends on here, because, you're right, it is a different ball game for us. Feel free to add me!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I'm 5'11 and could use more tall friends because yes, things are certainly different for us than someone who is 5'0!!
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Feel free to friend request me too (anyone). I'm 6'2" & did MFP for a few months, lost 10lbs & was derailed over the summer & gained it all back. Working on losing & keeping it off. All my real-life friends are short & they don't get it lol. They think being tall is an advantage because your fat is more spread out.
  • suigenerismaryjane
    Options
    karla24687 wrote: »
    Awesome! Feel free to friend request me too (anyone). I'm 6'2" & did MFP for a few months, lost 10lbs & was derailed over the summer & gained it all back. Working on losing & keeping it off. All my real-life friends are short & they don't get it lol. They think being tall is an advantage because your fat is more spread out.

I hear you about the average height/shorter people situation. Most people think I'm a size 8 or 10 (medium) - I guess that's how I look at my height. However I'm really a size 14 (XL) and if I gain any more I will be heading into the Plus sizes and have to say goodbye to the stores I like. There is nothing wrong with being Plus size in general. For me personally I have never had to shop Plus size and I prefer not to get there.