Kate's New Direction Journey

Options
Hello fellow New Directioners!

Today is my first day on the VLCD plan.
I have approx 100 lbs to lose.

Please wish me luck in my journey.
I expect to be very cranky in the next few days (weeks?!) as I stick to the plan.

I'm also giving up Diet Coke, to which I have an addiction (5-6 cans/day).
Crystal Lite will be my new BFF.

Looking forward to checking in here regularly and hearing from other "drinkers" as well.

Replies

• acradic
    acradic Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I have been on the VLCD for 9 months. I have lost ~130 pounds (70 more to go). My husband just joined the program last week. The first week is hard - but you can do it!! :smile: It is so worth it. Good luck kicking the caffeine, too!
  • oooooKATEooooo
    oooooKATEooooo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you arcadic

I get stressed when I think of not eating for months.
    One meal at a time, I suppose.

Congrats on your success

I'd kill for a turkey sandwich and chips just now. ;-)
  • oooooKATEooooo
    Options
    Day 4
    Saturday

This sucks

I'm not physically hungry but want real food
    Cutting a bagel for my daughter was torture wanted it so bad
  • oooooKATEooooo
    Options
    Day 5

Not too bad
    Nothing on social calendar so avoiding real food easy. Weird grocery shopping for family.

One more shake before bed.
  • marallewis
    marallewis Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Kate, it gets easier!!
  • oooooKATEooooo
    Options
    Day 6 is over.
    Well, the day has some remaining hours but I have 0 remaining meal packets lol.

Went to first clinic/class tonight.

Was down -6.5 since starting last Wednesday.

Off to a good start.
  • oooooKATEooooo
    Options
    Day 7

I'd love a meal right about now.
    But, I also love that the scale displays a lower # nearly every morning.

My mouth literally waters when I think of Chipotle.
  • oooooKATEooooo
    Options
    Day 8, 11pm

Depressed.
    Sat with h20 while all the other ladies had glasses of wine and ate apps and talked about food on upcoming NYC trip we're taking. FML.
  • HuskerJulie413
    HuskerJulie413 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi Kate how's it going? I hope you've burned off all your stored carbs and are fully adapted now! Did you get any headaches or crummy feelings while you were converting to ketosis?

My husband and 17 year old son did the grocery shopping for a while. It was really hard to be around all that food and not be able to eat it! I can handle it now but not very well at first.

When I have lunch with friends I've brought a boullion cube and asked for a cup of hot water, at least you get to eat something and drink water! After a while your cravings get better. A nice effect for sure! That will be hard to go to New York and not eat! Good luck!
  • oooooKATEooooo
    Options
    Thanks

It isn't too too bad re: cravings
    I have bad headache today,but it's prolly unrelated?

It's just weird living like this.
    Was invited to dinner and drinks Friday.
    "Just iced tea for me, please"
    Then I think ppl feel guilty eating and drinking. I'm like "No!!! *Im* the one doing the weird thing here. You're normal!"

I feel like I'm more emotional on this diet. Example, tearing up easily at a silly (yet heart touching) puppy video! Anyone else?

Weigh in #2 is tomorrow.
    Down -12 as of this morning on my scale.
  • HuskerJulie413
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Great progress!! I agree it IS weird to not eat normal food! I too think people have a hard time eating and drinking around me. Like I'm not participating in a shared activity.
  • Lisalovestravel
    Lisalovestravel Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've not had any big problems yet, but I'm just starting. My hubby is doing most of the cooking. Its not been as difficult as I thought it would be at home. The shrinking #'s on the scale have kept me motivated. I did turn down a mini reunion as it was going to be held at a buffet restaurant. I wasn't ready to face the temptation OR the well meaning questions of why I wasn't eating. I've told a few people about my journey, but not a lot. I want to wait until the results speak for themselves. When people are noticing my slimmer body and asking about it, I'll share. Until then, it's on a need to know basis. When I am going to someones house for a meal, I plan to bring my shake and/or bar and eat my meal as they eat theirs. The boullion cube is a great idea when faced with a restaurant situation. I'm hoping to avoid those for now. I'm guessing I'll be on one "regular" meal in time for the holidays, so it'll just be a matter of advance planning on what I can eat and how much. So much to think about now!
  • HuskerJulie413
    Options
    Lisa...That's a similar approach that I took. I've been doing this for 3 months now and people are just starting to notice or talk to me about my weight loss. It's much better having the results to back it up!
  • Lisalovestravel
    Options
    Thats awesome, Julie!

I'm guessing a few people will start noticing small changes around my birthday next month, I should be around the -30 mark. By Thanksgiving I should be down close to 50lbs- assuming a 5 pound a week weight loss. That is my halfway goal. I should be down another pants size and a few shirt sizes and hopefully back to only 1 chin! I'm excited to be at that point where family and friends are talking!
  • HuskerJulie413
    Options
    5 pounds a week seems like a lot after the 2nd month. I'm settling in more like 3 pounds a week. But you're doing more exercise so you could do it. Are you checking for muscle loss or gain with a body fat analyzer? I bought one on Amazon for around $35
  • Lisalovestravel
    Options
    Ive not bought an analyzer, but my clinic does one after each 25 pound weight loss. Yes, I'm probably setting myself up in expecting a 5 pound a week weight loss. In fact, I know I am. My doc said 3-4 pounds is more average. I have a tendency to impatience and high expectations. I'm just eager to be at that 25+ weight loss mark, when people are likely to start noticing and asking questions, lol. Its hard keeping all this to myself! But I was pleased when my daughter and dad both said they could see it. Neither is the type for false flattery, so that felt good.
  • HuskerJulie413
    Options
    It is nice when people start noticing!
  • HuskerJulie413
    Options
    How are you doing Kate?