Chat and accountability, Oct 18-24

Options
kilosierra83
kilosierra83 Posts: 228 Member
Figured I would start it since yall are probably dead tired from the Tough Mudder.

Carol, did you mean you are fasting all week?
How was the Mudder? Can't wait to hear about it.

Replies

• jenniferyounginillinois
    Options
    Figured I would start it since yall are probably dead tired from the Tough Mudder.

Carol, did you mean you are fasting all week?
    How was the Mudder? Can't wait to hear about it.

You couldn't be more right. I got home yesterday around 3pm and by 4:30 I was asleep! Slept around 11 hours but still feeling completely exhausted, physically and mentally. I hope Carol got some sleep finally and that John has a good second leg of his trip.

As for the Mudder, I'm not sure what I can say other than what a long and challenging day. The GunRunners tackled the course and earned that headband! :smile:

I want to thank Carol for encouraging me to participate in this madness (hehehe), John for the helpful tips to get up those insane hills we had to climb and Heron and Arturo for walking along with us and capturing the craziness of the day. Also want to thank Carolina (?) and Bill for being part of the team. Oh and Bill did EVERY obstacle, what a rock star!!!! Carol completed her SEVENTH Mudder!!! How awesome is that?

Ok, so I guess I said more then it was a long and challenging day. :smiley: I'm proud of all of us that survived the 10 miles in the desert. We are all winners!!!
  • ActiveAmyLynn
    ActiveAmyLynn Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Jen and everyone on your well-earned headbands!! I hope to join your team one of these races!
    Options
    Congratulations Jen and everyone on your well-earned headbands!! I hope to join your team one of these races!

Thanks. Well I've already decided I'm doing one next year. Something to think about... (thanks Carol, this is all YOUR fault!!!!! :tongue: )
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Folks! Hope all is well with all of you. Recovery after the Tough Mudder is going better this time. Probably will go for a good moderate pace walk later today, Have to get a headlight changed on the car and get some groceries today. Back to work tomorrow, Will get and post pics of Headband here.

My original intent was to do one every 10 years until I'm 120. Well got two in one year so I could wait til I'm 80 to be right. May revised that and do ONE every 5 years or so but may do something like the warrior dash in between if there is any Gun Runner Interest in doing the WD in Spring in Ga let me know if not no worries.

Just wanted to thank everybody for such a good time. I know the stripper pole pictures are out there but no worries Zena would understand. I checked with the gal you saw me singing karaoke with with and she's doing ok, no injuries if we woke you I'm sorry. Anyway won't say anymore since what happens in Vegas is supposed to stay there right??

Have a great day folks!
    Options
    Well John, I'm planning on doing a second one next year and maybe a third, so I could join you and Carol in the 'two in one year' club. :smile: I'm already trying to recruit willing participants who don't fully know what they're getting into! Hehehe... You're amazing for doing two of these things this year.

Oh and for those that haven't seen it yet, here's John tackling the stripper pole! :tongue: I guess this was his way of preparing for Saturday! Hehehe...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=313120028812365&set=a.162058183918551.5455.100003431107290&type=3&theater&notif_t=like
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I am tired but not as bad as I thought I would be and the best thing is that I'm not hurting as much as I thought I would have. The only thing that sucks is that my new foster was dropped off Monday so I was not done with the unpacking/cleaning. She is a sweet girl, young, untrained, energetic, the usual.

I didn't participate the TM Obstacles just walked with team and take videos, I did do the "Arctic Enema" which is a water slide into ice water. That was just fun!! Keep in mind that I haven't done any obstacles and it I was overheating, others might not share the same sentiment :p
    I had a great time! I thought everybody did great, all of them went outside their comfort zone and accomplished things that they normally wouldn't have. I'm not sure how much if any I filmed LOL
    The terrain is high desert, no shade just endless uphill, downhill and there seemed to be uphill than downhill.. nonetheless I find it challenging and fun at the end of the day.

Yes, Bill is a rock star! He did some tough American ninja style s***
    Arturo thinks I can do a TM after seeing all the obstacles, (if my knees keep improving), I would have to skip some obstacles. So we'll see where my knees are at at the end of the year.
    However I have more interest in the goruck challenge if I can do a obstacle race.... Check out goruck.com Its different from all the obstacle race out there.
    Thank you Carol for organizing this and John and Jen for coming. I had such a great time! Its such a pleasure to have finally met you guys. <3

Did you guys check out any of the video yet?

I have to mention the "epic road trip" It took us 17hours to drive to Vegas (normally it takes 9) because it rained and since its so dry in California, it caused havoc! Mudslides, accidents, roads flooded out.
    this incident made me realize that we need to update our emergency kit.

I'm coming down with something, trying to nip it in the bud, kinda hard to rest with an energetic and not house broken 1.5 year dog but act like a puppy. Usually Arturo will pick up the slack but there's a big convention coming up and he is swamped.

• Hmrjmr1
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Good Morning Heron- The Videos are great Arturo and you did a great job on the Media coverage.
    The Go Ruck Challenge is in July here in Savannah Area, was also looking a Warrior Dash that's earlier in the spring, up in North Ga.

Hope you're feeling better soon I picked up a bit of a twitch in my throat this morning, gonna do a cup of green tea and honey. Not ready to throw in the towel on the day but not 100% yet either.

Have a Great Humpday Folks!
    Options
    Heron, you could definitely do the TM. I mean come one, I did and look how out of shape I am! Hehehe... My goal for my next one is to try more obstacles, maybe even a climbing one or two. But I know I can finish a 10+ mile course and that's a huge accomplishment by itself.

I have looked over the videos Arturo did. The video you did Heron is sooooooo much that I've only look at a few so far. Who knew that we were big time and would have our own embedded media personnel? Hehehe.. I'll get some footage out of both to create a highlight video. I'll be working on it this weekend.

I hope you can keep healthy and work with the new pup. Oh and great idea on the car emergency kit reevaluation. You usually don't know if kits are complete until you get in a situation when you need one.

John, should be back to work for you today, if I remember right. I guess all of us are back to our regular lives now. :smile:

• Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Thursday folks.
    Options
    Thursday!!!!

Ok, I've committed myself (yes, that sounds wrong, I know). May 21st in 'Chicago' (Rockford, IL, actually), Tough Mudder Chicago. I'll be there! Why? Because Carol 'forced' me to participate in Vegas and now I want to do another one! Sooooooooooo... I'm doing the darn thing and if anybody wants to join me, PLEASE DO!!! I can't do this thing alone. The fun of these events is having a group to participate with. I know it's a few months away (7 actually) and committing now isn't necessarily an option. I'm recruiting some of my friends from Facebook and even coworkers. We'll see who's crazy enough to join.

Have a great day everybody!
    Options
    Friday. Friday. Friday. I guess that's all I have to say about that. Hehehe...
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Friday Folks! Hope all is well with all of you. I've got a quick turn around coming tonight so will stay in a Super 8 tonight. Last day of my 3 shift so food tomorrow will be easy even on the road. Have a group coining in tomorrow to do a Facility Wide BBQ of the Vets. So EZ Peazy day for me. So with all the travel and when I got home from Vegas didn't have any carbs in the house so extended my 5 shift by a day, was too tired to go out shopping. So today is day three of my 3 shift and I am below my starting weight for the shift set, and still have a day of carbs to go. Feeling pretty good about this protocol.

Jen - Rock it Lass! Have a great time.

All righty then Jam time comin'!