NSVs While Poised to Reach Goal #1

Options
dlmciver
dlmciver Posts: 149 Member
I have been withing two pounds of 100 pounds lost for what seems like forever. I've been looking for signs of progress in other places as I try to be patient with my body. Yesterday, I automatically entered the Talbot Woman side of a Talbots, shopping for a dress for a wedding. A salesperson immediately intercepted me and told me I was on the "wrong side" of the store. Wow ! Still blows my mind. I fit back into my dress raincoat !!! So much nicer than the 4X windbreaker I had been wearing.

Replies

• rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    dlmciver wrote: »
    I have been withing two pounds of 100 pounds lost for what seems like forever. I've been looking for signs of progress in other places as I try to be patient with my body. Yesterday, I automatically entered the Talbot Woman side of a Talbots, shopping for a dress for a wedding. A salesperson immediately intercepted me and told me I was on the "wrong side" of the store. Wow ! Still blows my mind. I fit back into my dress raincoat !!! So much nicer than the 4X windbreaker I had been wearing.

Great! Shopping in the 'normal side' of stores is exciting and humbling every time I do it. I used to be a regular at Casual Male (now Destination XL), and now it amazes me how much less expensive things are in the regular sized stores.

Rob
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    My favorite NSV of all...shopping regular and so true about saving money!
  • duffslove
    duffslove Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is def a fun NSV! :)
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    joysie1970 wrote: »
    My favorite NSV of all...shopping regular and so true about saving money!

Someone called it the Obesity Tax.
  • JEMP65
    JEMP65 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My mind still doesn't catch up with my new body size. It still never occurs to me that I can buy something that will fit in any store I go into. I've gone from a tight size 22 to a size 10 pair of jeans last week. It just blows my mind.
  • TN_Tinker
    TN_Tinker Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Even doing laundry I look at the clothes I wore and think they look too small for me.
  • weeziebeth
    weeziebeth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    For me, while shopping on the 'normal' side of the store may be more fun, it is also much more overwhelming. This has been a challenge for me, but one that I gladly take on.
  • Athollass
    Athollass Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I also have to go with shopping on the regular side of the store! It felt a little awkward at first as I wasn't sure what size to select and I was afraid someone would send me back to the plus sized side. But now I have fun with it trying on clothes just to see if they fit, I don't always buy :)