Spoiler Alert!!! Let's talk about the show!

Options
SaraAlexandre
SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,312 Member
Guys? Do you think Enid is part of the wolves??! What she said to Carl before she was cut off.

Replies

• tayloralanj
    tayloralanj Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Interesting point, I would have to watch that part again but I was wondering why the big intro portion with her and the turtle and her out on her own and all that. She could be a plant, but maybe she and Carl have more in common that her and that other twit, I mean, the other scene is her and that other guy hanging out and Carl appears to be butt-hurt about it; maybe she has more in common with Carl (out on her own, surviving, killin') than she does with the other dude who is an Alexandria snob that doesn't know anything other than playing video games????

I was just wondering why Morgan is such a *kitten* and Carol is such a bad *kitten*. It's rhetorical I suppose, but we argue at work about it, and I think Carol is probably the most sane, common-sense one out of all of the characters. What say ye?
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    I heard Enid say that Alexandria was too big to protect and something about, that's how "we" were able to get in. Something like that. Talking Dead said nothing about it. Morgan was very screwed up last time he met Rick a few seasons back. He seems to be a passifist but maybe learning? Carol is cunning. She is protective and does what she has to, to protect her family. She's a navy seal.

I thought maybe Carl was done for in this episode because I'm convinced Enid was on the wrong side. I'm glad she appeared to leave.

Oh! Morgan let one of the wolves walk with a gun!!! I think this one is going to come back to get him. You can't be a pacifist in the zombie apocalypse. Carol learned, Gabe is learning very slowly!??!(waste of space) and Morgan will hopefully learn.

I'm glad Carols Suzie homemaker character is dead! Bring on the queen of stealth!

You think Alexandria is comprised now??? The walker mega hoard is coming!!!
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    I heard her say we too. I'm convinced she's a wolf!! You don't know for sure Carol has been outed, most of the alexandrains were to busy hiding and dying to notice what she was doing. Im convinced Morgan met someone that helped him and turned him into a pacifist, but he can't stay that way with this group. Well he could bit we already have enough of those. They are whiney and needy and should be dead already.
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    I was going crazy that Talking Dead didn't mention what Enid said.

How did everyone like the black and white if the first episode?? It absolutely made me insane! So over done in movies/tv. It would be ok if it was the first 10 mins. This and Eugenes hair comment just irritated me.
  • Mrscheyfleming
    Mrscheyfleming Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I agree she is hiding something; but I can't decide right now if she is apart of the wolves. I was curious about the we part and her writing JSS though
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I just love how Carol's character has morphed since season 1. And I agree about Enid....something's off with her, but it is hard to imagine her being taken in by the Wolves tho, I mean a young girl on her own would likely face a much crueler fate than being forced to be a mole in a gated community. What would they have to hold over her head and make her do this, she's already lost her family? And if their grand plan was to slaughter everyone, why wait for all the weeks Enid had been there to pull it off?

I'm glad episode 2 kicked it up a notch, I was not impressed with episode 1, and the b&w drove me nuts!
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    The wolves were strange too. Telling people they shouldn't be there. I'm confused by their logic.
  • wpwarrior88
    wpwarrior88 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    OH what a difficult show to watch!! Is Rick going the way of Glenn??? Will they settle the mysteries next Sunday??
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Wow! What an intense episode! I think Rick will escape but be a hand short. RIP Glen :(
  • x_blackrainbow
    x_blackrainbow Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I hated the b&w flashbacks too! I would have preferred a linear story because it took me half the episode to understand what was going on.

Last night was rough. I couldn't believe it. I thought for sure they would have hidden INSIDE the dumpster to wait it out. And then there's Rick looking pretty screwed. :\ I was all, "No! I can't handle two in one night! I can't!"
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    I loved the black and white, it distinguished between past and present.

I need grief counseling for this episode. I was so sure Darrel would get to Rick in time, but NOOOOO he had to turn around. I cant feasibly see where Glen would have survived, but at the same time, parts of the show follow the comics and Glen is supposed to die much more dramatically than that.

The entire episode drove me crazy just on timing. How were they miles ahead of the horde one minute then they were right there? How did Morgan, who walked back to the city get there just as the attack happens, but the others, who were RUNNING, didnt get back. How does the group in the pet shop make noise when they first enter and not disturbe the zombies in the back, but when they are being quiet, they disturbe them. How come they didnt go over the fence 2 at a time and prevent that one dude from dying? How did they hear the gunshots at the Town, but the Town not hear theirs? How could they have even heard the horn if they were 5 miles from town!!!!!??????????? It all makes no sense!
  • wpwarrior88
    wpwarrior88 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    @tj1376 - oh, girl, you have been re-running the episode! Excellent point of which some I hadn't considered! Thanks for point the distance from the town out!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I think the show might be pulling our leg somehow. The scene with Glen looked.... wonky. The perspective was off and his screams were more of anger/despair than pain. I smell a rat. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Glenn is alive, my husband says I'm in denial but the Walkers were eating Nicolas so there is a chance that Glenn is still alive. I won't believe he is dead until we see his body either laying there or up and "walking".

Tj, I was wondering the same things! WTF Daryl just go wherever you want but not where we want you! And Tobin's crew is out there. Do they come to Rick or Glenn's aid? Or what about Enid? If she is traveling at Morgan speed she could be anywhere. And was Betsy killed by the Wolves? And why didn't Glenn and Nicolas climb the stairs? It looked like they were blocked by a boxspring and some boxes, surely all the things Glenn has overcome that was an obstacle he could handle. And why don't they shoot friends in the head? Leaving Annie and David being eaten but no one can spare a bullet to put them out of their misery, better to listen to them scream and hope you see their half eaten body walking around some day.

And Rick?! Why do you shoot through the RV? Did you learn nothing from Dale?! Those things are temperamental in the zombie apocalypse!

Okay, I'll stop for now ;)
  • Mrscheyfleming
    Mrscheyfleming Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    All I have to say is I don't believe Glenn is dead at all. I just never got that feeling and I agree it did look weird to me.
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    6 reasons why Glenn is not dead -
    http://www.recordingreviews.com/glenn-death/
  • ToughHippieChick
    ToughHippieChick Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    tj1376 wrote: »
    The entire episode drove me crazy just on timing. How were they miles ahead of the horde one minute then they were right there? How did Morgan, who walked back to the city get there just as the attack happens, but the others, who were RUNNING, didnt get back. ........... How did they hear the gunshots at the Town, but the Town not hear theirs? How could they have even heard the horn if they were 5 miles from town!!!!!??????????? It all makes no sense!

Yes. All of this!
    We were sitting watching this episode saying "I need a friggin' map!" I just cannot figure out the geographical and chronological logistics of this season.

As for Glenn, I kind of hope he actually is dead. I know that sounds awful, but after that scene... it would have to be a dream or something for him to not die in that situation. Even if the walkers were eating Nicholas, they'd devour him and then start chewing on Glenn. I'd be ok with him in flashbacks though like they have done with several other deceased.

And lastly... I have never in my life been a comic fan, but I would like to get all the back-issues and start getting the comics as they come out. My town does not have a comic store. Can anyone advise me about getting back issues and then current issues online??
  • x_blackrainbow
    Options
    In-between my upset, I did think it looked a little weird in a "that's not where your intestines are" kind of way. I think they were hoping we'd all be so emotionally distraught that we wouldn't notice. Perhaps part of it is wishful thinking, but I do believe that's Nicholas we're seeing get ripped apart. Still no idea how Glenn can escape though.
  • x_blackrainbow
    Options
    And why don't they shoot friends in the head? Leaving Annie and David being eaten but no one can spare a bullet to put them out of their misery, better to listen to them scream and hope you see their half eaten body walking around some day.

OMG so much this!
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    This show can drive a person crazy.